Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkbreen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 08:58 AM
    PC RPC server unavailable
    Removed some malware from a HP mini and can't renew the IP address (ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew), connectivity to router is there. Attempting to renew I get RPC server unavailable. Just connected another (new) laptop to the network with no issues.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 31, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Does it currently have a valid IP ?
    Also a simple reboot may well resolve your issue.

Feb 1, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Reboot has no effect. IP is all zeros, it is when I issue the 'ipconfig /renew' command that I get the RPC server unavailable message.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 1, 2012, 11:35 AM
    Try setting a static IP within the nominal range.
    Normally that would be 192.168.0.x Subnet 255.255.255.0 with a default gateway of 192.168.0.1

Feb 1, 2012, 02:23 PM
    I went back to a previous checkpoint, got connection, and am cleaning up the rest of any infections, one trojan horse so far. I'm good from here for now. Thank you and I will remember the static IP attempt. Thanks,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving a Terminal Service Liscensing Server to new server? [ 3 Answers ]

We are doing a complete makeover of our networking equipment. I was directed the task of figuring out how to move our TS Liscensing Server to a different (existing) server. I am just not sure what this involves. I would think it requires a call to M$ Clearing House??

Cleanup unavailable server from active directory [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys... I have a server that's unavailable (server2) and cannot join any other domains on my forest server DC ( server1) I keep getting an FSMO role error ID 2087 & tried using the ntdsutil to remove the metadata but its unavailable and (server1) cannot establish a connection to it in order to...

Unavailable man [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I met a man about a year ago who was recenty single at that time after a 5 yr relationship, he chased me for ages and eventually won me over, we got on really well and slept together after about 3 weeks and then he went cold on me. I tried to call him but calls got unanswered and when I text...

Server 2003 use as a router and connect susulinux server [ 1 Answers ]

I have configure suselinux 10.0 webserver with two nic one ip:192.168.1.3 sub:255.255.255.0 And another is 10.10.1.3 sub:255.0.0.0 and primary dns server(suselinux 10.0) 192.168.1.2 sub :255.255.255.0 and secong dns server(suselinux 10.0) with differenet ip:10.10.1.5 and sub:255.0.0.0 Now one...

RPC stub [ 1 Answers ]

I did a recovery in my PC and now when I try ro install some programs this error apears:error #0x80070725 incompatible version of the RPC stub. what is going on ?

View more questions Search