Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jgraf50 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 02:13 PM
    Accounting HELP!
    Using the information below, prepare the following entries. Then on a separate Word document, write an analysis and evaluation report.
    1. Prepare adjusting entries.
    2. Prepare closing entries.
    3. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
    4. In a Word document, submit your analysis and evaluation of your created documents.
    Please complete this section in Excel or Word and submit it to the appropriate dropbox.
    You are to write out the journal entries in proper format and then write a post-closing trial balance in proper format.
    Note that you are not being asked for a worksheet. You may use a worksheet to help you get the correct figures. However, the worksheet will not be graded.
    If late work is accepted at all, it is subject to a penalty of as much as a letter grade a day.

The trial balance of Large Company, Inc. At the end of its annual accounting period is as follows:

LARGE COMPANY, INC.
    Trial Balance
    December 31, 2007

DEBIT CREDIT
    Cash $4,000
    Prepaid Insurance 1,600
    Supplies 2,100
    Equipment 20,000
    Accumulated Depreciation, Equip $2,000
    C. Large, Capital 19,000
    C. Large, Withdrawals 2,000
    Revenue 33,000
    Salaries Expense 18,300
    Rent Expense 6,000
    Totals $54,000 $54,000

Additional information:
    1. Expired insurance, $600.
    2. Unused supplies, per inventory, $800.
    3. Estimated depreciation, $1,000.
    4. Earned but unpaid salaries, $700.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 07:53 PM
    God, you are good copying your homework. BUT NO, we won't do it for you.

Jan 31, 2012, 05:59 AM
    Actually it's a review question to help me study for a huge test and boards. I did the question and would like to see if I got it right and have a discussion with someone who majors in accounting about a few things. Thanks for the sarcasm and if you don't like the questions people post on "ASK" me help desk- then unsubscribe- JERK!

I've posted questions like this and have had people help answer them and discuss things- its called leanring and studying. Be respectful- because your ruining this tool for EVERYONE!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 08:30 AM
    If you did the work, why not post it or at least some of your answers? Do you really expect someone to do a Word document as is requested? I/We help people all the time but not without some labor input from the one asking the question.

Jan 31, 2012, 08:42 AM
    I didn't expect a word document to be done. I had just copied it from the review book online and posted it- I did most of the work above in the next submission I posted. I ask you to not be so inconsiderate of the tool that is provided. Instead of hastily posting rude comments on answers, I suggest you use the ASK center as intended. If you don't have an answer or a suggestion besides the rude and unnecessary above- then move on to something else- You are making my time spent at this unworthy and I refuse to deal with. Suggestion- if you don't like the question- Don't ANSWER IT!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on financial accounting,cost and management accounting [ 3 Answers ]

I want different sets of questions on financial accounting,cost and management accounting for free. I am a teacher in this area

AP Journal Entires - accrual accounting and cash accounting [ 6 Answers ]

What are the journal entries for accrual accounting and cash accounting for an invoice and a payment?

List five differences between management accounting and cost accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Describe five differences between management accounting and cost accounting

View more questions Search