Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwenn.0612 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
    1099 form when on disability. Do I file taxes?
    I am on disability. Last year I paid off a credit card of 1'046.42. I received a 1099 for this. Do I need to file taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 03:50 PM
    Is it a Form 1099-C?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 07:41 PM
    Amount on 1099-C is treated as income. If you total income is more than the filing requirements, you must file your tax return. Your U.S. Tax Return: 2011 Filing Requirements for Most Taxpayers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not file taxes, but received tax form 1099 are, do I have to file a tax? [ 2 Answers ]

I am on SSD AND DO NOT FILE TAXES, but I received a form 1099-R showing fderal income taxwithheld for $4093.00 on my pension that I Received.Do I HAVE TO REPORT THIS SINCE THEY TOOK IT OUT Already or do I have to file some kind of form to the IRS. This is the only income I'vd received other than my...

Can I file annually taxes on my 1099 form [ 8 Answers ]

I am working independently for a company, using my social security number. Temp work only. I was told that I will receive a 1099 form for filing at the end of the year. Can I wait until I have received my 1099 to file my taxes? Will there be a problem?

Do I have to file an IRS form 8300 for a disability settlement? [ 0 Answers ]

Do I have to file an IRS form 8300 for a disability settlement?

Do I have to file an IRS form 8300 for a disability settlement? [ 0 Answers ]

I recently received a workmans' comp disability payment over $10.000.00. Should I be required to file an IRS form 8300 even though it was not a 'business' or 'trade' transaction?

Can I file a 1099 form and still be considered a student and not have to pay taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

Im considered a full time college student, and have recently been offered a job. However this job would require me to file a 1099 form. I also live at home with my parents. They are planning like normal to claim me on their tax forms. If they do so will I still be required to pay my taxes that I...

View more questions Search