Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    veselyjana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 07:48 AM
    Does sewer gas smell like gas?
    We have no gas lines in the house, but we just started to have a strong smell of gas in only one bedroom which comes and goes maybe 1x a week, for 6 hrs or even 2-3days. We cannot use the bedroom. Smell goes away very fast, seem like being pumped in, if something is on, then off. Its not the air unit, it does not smell in the bathroom next to the bedroom,and not in the walk in closet which shares a wall. Gas was not detected when gas company came in and the smell was quite strong then. The intensity of smell varies
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2012, 10:46 AM
    This could be a faulty wax seal or a low level in one of the traps. Your nose will be the best detector in this case. Where's the smell the strongest? Is it worse at night or colder weather? Any plumbing work done lately? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

Sewer Gas Smell [ 2 Answers ]

I Built My House And Had My Bathrooms Ready For The Tubs To Be Installed After Hooking Up The Tub's And Sink's I Have A Strong Sewer Gas Odor Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do To Fix This.. thanks

Sewer gas smell [ 1 Answers ]

I put a modular home on a basement this past summer. The Septic system is composed of a 1200 gal concrete tank that drains openly in a pasture about 300 ft from the house. Late this summer we began to get a strong sewer smell in our basement(right after a 5" rain). The footing perimeter drain was...

Sewer Gas Smell [ 2 Answers ]

I have been noticing a sewer gas smell coming from a bedroom in the front of our house, adjacent to a second bath. There is no smell whatsoever in the bathroom. About two years ago we had our main sewer line replaced when we found out it had cracked on the property line. Also we just completed a...

View more questions Search