Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RayRay1560 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 09:04 PM
    I'm 13 and smoke weed, how can I stop?
    I've been smoking weed for 3 years. I'm 14 turning 15, and I smoke weed moring afternoon and night.

I would skip class to smoke weed. I really only like the feeling, but hate smoking it. I really want to slow down, but the only reason why I really started was because I can only deal with preppy and annoying people when I'm high.

I need help. What else can I do? I tried distracting myself, but when it comes down to it, I really can't stop smoking.

Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
    Get counseling and just stop. I am sorry it is a habit, it does not make anything better, in fact it causes more paranoid behavior and will at some point hurt your grades, stop you from advancing in life.

So you wake up in the morning and decide not to break the law any longer. It is tough the first week or two but gets easier each day
    better Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2012, 08:39 PM
    There are resources for young teens that are addicted to drugs and want to get help defends on Wat city n state your in I could give you some info and that's if u really want the help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2012, 09:21 PM
    And how does a 13 year old afford all the drugs

Feb 4, 2012, 03:08 PM
    I'm actully. 14 turning 15 sorry wrong age

Feb 4, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Ontario small town
    husum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 01:17 PM
    It`s easy, listen here:

Step 1 smoke the weed you have, then don't buy more the rest of your life'

Step 2 you finish

I am smoking weed, I am 15 and I started when I was 14. I have been smoke weed now for 1-1/2 years, and I can quit smoking if I want, but I don't. I smoke about $20 worth in a day, but I'm smoking with a friend who has smoked for about 3 years. Yes, sometimes we don't go to school, or arrive late, but not every day.

I suggest if you like smoking weed, then keep doing it, but if you do it you might have some problems when you are older, bot then you would have to smoke about 3 joints a day. If you don't want to smoke weed because your friends say it, or other reasons, then stop.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 8, 2012, 01:41 PM
    You really want to stop? How about letting your parents know what's going on - getting support from your family seems like it would be the first step...
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Unlike cigarettes, marijuana is not physically and psychologically addicting. It is "only" psychologically addicting. In other words, you think you need the high. While this might make it easier, overall, than quitting cigarettes, to do without something you have relied upon to get you through your day will generate a lot of anxiety.

A ton of anxiety.

And, like a snowball, what is one of the reasons people use Marijuana? To squelch anxiety. And it becomes a vicious cycle. The answer is to take it in small steps. Stop thinking about the end of the journey -- not smoking pot for the "rest of your life", as husum stated.

Take this in small steps and achieve small accomplishments along the way so you can prove to yourself that you will survive without the crutch Marijuana has become.

(1) You seem to already be doing the first thing, which is looking at your life and seeing how Marijuana use affects your life and your future.

(2) You should write this down for yourself. List all of the ways it is detrimental to you.

(3) Now write down the reasons you want to quit.

(4) Look at the people you are hanging around with. Are they going to help you quit, or are they going to call you names for trying? You will need to look at possibly changing friends, your environment, etc.

(5) Let's be honest. Write down all of the good things Marijuana brings to your life. It wouldn't be all bad or else you wouldn't be doing it.

(6) Take this "Good List", and think about how you can get those same "good" things doing something more healthy for yourself. For example, if Marijuana makes you less anxious about school, what else can you do that would help you feel less anxious? Exercise? A hobby? Extracurricular activities?

Recent studies have shown that for teen addiction counseling, the best option may be individual or family counseling. There are also teen Narcotics Anonymous meetings you can attend. You need to be comfortable with the type of counseling, but counseling in whatever form will be more helpful than trying to do this yourself.
    pipesatnight Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffARobinson View Post
    Unlike cigarettes, marijuana is not physically and psychologically addicting. It is "only" psychologically addicting. In other words, you think you need the high. While this might make it easier, overall, than quitting cigarettes, to do without something you have relied upon to get you through your day will generate a lot of anxiety.

A ton of anxiety.

And, like a snowball, what is one of the reasons people use Marijuana? To squelch anxiety. And it becomes a vicious cycle. The answer is to take it in small steps. Stop thinking about the end of the journey -- not smoking pot for the "rest of your life", as husum stated.

Take this in small steps and achieve small accomplishments along the way so you can prove to yourself that you will survive without the crutch Marijuana has become.

(1) You seem to already be doing the first thing, which is looking at your life and seeing how Marijuana use affects your life and your future.

(2) You should write this down for yourself. List all of the ways it is detrimental to you.

(3) Now write down the reasons why you want to quit.

(4) Look at the people you are hanging around with. Are they going to help you quit, or are they going to call you names for trying? You will need to look at possibly changing friends, your environment, etc.

(5) Let's be honest. Write down all of the good things Marijuana brings to your life. It wouldn't be all bad or else you wouldn't be doing it.

(6) Take this "Good List", and think about how you can get those same "good" things doing something more healthy for yourself. For example, if Marijuana makes you less anxious about school, what else can you do that would help you feel less anxious? Exercise? A hobby? Extracurricular activities?

Recent studies have shown that for teen addiction counseling, the best option may be individual or family counseling. There are also teen Narcotics Anonymous meetings you can attend. You need to be comfortable with the type of counseling, but counseling in whatever form will be more helpful than trying to do this yourself.

You have obviously been anti drug all your life I smoke weed I'm 19 and have smoked with and without my parents for 6 years and it is physically and mentaly addictive if I don't smoke I can't sleep I have hot and cold flushes when I do manage to sleep I wake up in pools of sweat shivering one minute and throwing the blankets the next that's a beginning to the physical withdral

Mental I loose my temper I'm grouchy my head swims with thought that won't stop and if I get offered a pipe I can't say no even if I have a probation appointment or trade school but when I smoke I can function

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke Weed Everyday [ 33 Answers ]

Im addicted to pot. I LOVE IT, I have been smoking for over 8 years. I work a full time job and go to school, I'm a functional pot smoker, I'm so high strung that when I come home, I want to relax and smoke. That's my only vice, however I spend over 500 a week on it. Exspensive habit, anyway,...

Is it normal to feel like this way when I smoke weed? [ 28 Answers ]

I smoke weed with a few of my pothead friends. When were done smokeing the first bowl, I feel giggly and laugh at everything. But nothing with my body. Then we smoke a blunt or two. That's when I start taking big hits. Then I feel like I'm going to past out, I get light headed and my ears get numb...

Who sings this song smoke weed [ 0 Answers ]

Who sings the song smoke weed the words are kind of hard to understand it sounds like he is mumbling when he sings

My friends want to smoke weed [ 19 Answers ]

My kindda NEW friend but I know them very good they are nice people care about outhers smoke weed a lot I am getting influnced by that but my clean friend helped me out he is cool with them because theyr nice like I said not bad people but they just smoke weed and like to get high they are smart...

I have to take a urine test but I smoke weed! [ 8 Answers ]

I just started boxing they need these tests done by doctors to see if I'm healthy enough to box I know its not a drug test but will it show up that I've smoked it? Even if that's not what there looking for?? :confused:

View more questions Search