Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyssrey Posts: 76, Reputation: -1
    -

Jan 25, 2012, 03:09 PM
    What are white shadows and black shadows?
    I've been seei?g shadows lately black ones and white ones mostly black ones and only see white ones 3 times. The white ones are very clear that I can actually see them ' the black ones are not so dark and clear but I can still see them. One time at school I saw a white shadow and I went over to see it but it was't there! That was the first time I saw a shadow last year in December 14th 2011 at 2:30pm at school in tamatea. I got freak out a little and went back inside.Then it stopped and started again since January the 18th 2012 and that time a black one appeared and its still happening. The 8th of September 2011 was the date that my nana died and then another family member died later on in 2011 but don't know the date. Before that one died my friend had a seizure and later on I started shaking its like it was a seizure. Those shadows keeps haunting me or something I don't know what they trying to do me please tell how to talk to them ' get rind of them ' tell me what are the white and black shadows are and why are they here?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
    You have to be careful of the red shadows; much worse then the black or white ones!
    -

Jan 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
    This is me again I have 2 make a new profile cause it won't sign me in.
    Why what's wrong with the red ones?
    I have't seen those ones yet :0
    Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
    You have to look really hard for them; they make judgment calls and try to get rid of the other ones.

You are not allowed to have two profiles at once. Better sign of before you get in real trouble.
    -

Jan 26, 2012, 10:31 PM
    Judgment calls?
    How would I know they there then?
    I don't know how to delete my old accont even know I reset my password and they said they'll send me a email but I have't got a emal yet?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jan 27, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzzrey View Post
    I've been seei?g shadows lately black ones and white ones mostly black ones and only see white ones 3 times. The white ones are very clear that I can actually see them ' the black ones are not so dark and clear but I can still see them. One time at school I saw a white shadow and I went over to see it but it was't there! That was the first time I saw a shadow last year in december 14th 2011 at 2:30pm at school in tamatea. I got freak out a little and went back inside.Then it stopped and started again since january the 18th 2012 and that time a black one appeared and its still happening. The 8th of september 2011 was the date that my nana died and then another family member died later on in 2011 but don't know the date. Before that one died my friend had a seizure and later on I started shaking its like it was a seizure. Those shadows keeps haunting me or something I don't know what they trying to do me please tell how to talk to them ' get rind of them ' tell me what are the white and black shadows are and why are they here?

I have NO medical qualifications so this is just an opinion. It is possible you are suffering from entoptic phenomenon. Entoptic phenomenon is a broad medical term covering visual effects created by the eye itself. Your eyes can 'play' tricks on you depending on the light conditions at the time

Entoptic phenomenon is medical condition. If it were me I would be going to a doctor. He can make any necessary referral if required.

Tut
    Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 07:37 AM
    Yes, problems with peripheral vision, for instance in a highly sensitive person can be construed to include paranormal phenomena. Quite like an individual seeing shadows at the corner of their eyes and light infractions thrown into the mix and you have exactly what OP is seeing.
    -

Jan 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
    Nah I find out that someone died in our house & it was a nurse & she died in my old room where I used 2 sleep & last night I actually saw a black shadow running in my room. It was freaky as. Dark black shadow it was.
    -

Jan 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Yes am very sensitive 2 my friends & my family but not 2 my little sister & brother.
    Peripheral visions?
    Construed to include paranormal phenomen?
    Sorry am not very smart.

Jan 28, 2012, 02:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssrey View Post
    Yes am very sensitive 2 my friends & my family but not 2 my little sister & brother.
    peripheral visions?
    construed to include paranormal phenomen?
    Sorry am not very smart.
    I think I see the problem. It has nothing to so with being intelligent. I am concerned because this seems to be worrying you greatly.

Paranormal phenomenon and entoptic phenomenon have NO relationship. Shadows in your peripheral vision can be explain in scientific terms. Basically, it is a medical condition. Paranormal phenomenon has nothing to do with medicine. Paranormal phenomena cannot be explained to any degree of certainty.

If we were to go through past posts in this section I would have no doubt that people who claim to see shadows, coloured lights, patterns, etc mistakenly think it is a paranormal/spiritual experience when it fact it is a visual problem. There is a reasonable probability you are suffering from visual disturbances( entoptic phenomenon).

All I can do is tell you what I know. I am not a doctor or a clinical psychologist.

Probably 99 percent of the population will experience entoptic phenomenon (some more than others). Some people who go from bright sunlight to a darkened room will see coloured patters, bright lights and other strange things.

The important point is that it is only a brief experience. Their eyes tend to adjust to the different light quickly. Other people are no so fortunate. Even a slight change in lighting conditions can bring entoptic phenomenon on for some people. A tiny minority of individuals are very unfortunate in that they see shadows, patterns, spider webs most of the time regardless of light conditions. In other words, it is there all of the time.

People who suffer entoptic phenomenon to a point where it becomes unbearable will go and see a doctor. These people undergo a variety of tests from eye doctors, neurologists. The tests usually involves CT and MRI scans. More often than not all the tests will come back negative.
    Despite the lack of pathology they obnviouslyl have this problem.

You mention you are sensitive to your two friends and your family. This suggests to me you are thinking again in paranormal terms. But again, there may well be a psychological( scientific) explanation to your problem.

I think the important point is that from a medical point of view we cannot rule out psychological explanations for people having entoptic phenomenon. This seems especially true when we consider that most people with this problem undergo a variety of tests only to find out there is nothing physically wrong with their eyes, yet they still see these strange things.

HOWEVER, I WANT TO STRESS it is important for people suffering from visual disturbances TO SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE. While entoptic phenomenon is generally considered harmless ( are you prepared to put up with it?) THIS DOESN'T RULE OUT the possibility there is an UNDERLYING MEDICAL PROBLEM with your eyes that needs to be investigated.

As I said before, if I had these problems I would put my mind at rest with a visit to the doctor.

The above is a non-professional opinion.

Tut
    -

Jan 28, 2012, 03:36 AM
    I took a m.r.I scan & I think I also took a ct scan & saw a docter. But am not sure wats wrong with it I keep 4getting the information though. But my parents knows it.
    But am still seeing shadows but I don't c webs ,spiders , ants & other little things that are not there. I only shadows dats all.
    Everything goes bright if I go outside but when am in the dark my eyes is,t so bright enymore.
    They follow me everywhere I go like today I went to a party & on our way I saw a white shadow following me.
    & last weekend when I was at mums I saw a white shadow across the road & then it disappear. Like I said a nurse died in my old room don't know what year though..
    And of course I saw a white shadow at school & I went over 2 c it but it was,t there.

Jan 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssrey View Post
    I toke a m.r.i scan & i think i also toke a ct scan & saw a docter. But am not sure wats wrong with it i keep 4getting the information tho. But my parents knows it.

Sounds like you parents are on top of the problem.
    -

Jan 29, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Yeah I think so :)
    But I don't like 2 keep asking though lol :)
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Sometimes I think I see things from the corners of my eyes, but it's only for a split second. When I wake up in the middle of the night, Occasionally I will see a white shadow for a second and then it is gone when I gain focus, and if I go from a one room to another and the type of light that is in each room is different (like coming inside from outside) then I will see a dark shadow for a second. It might look like these shadows are following you, but if you keep seeing them from the corners of your eyes, it's probably exactly what the others are talking about and you might have a problem with your vision.
    -

Jan 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
    The white shadow are the 1 that follows me sometimes. & night times I can't hardly sleep cause I keep seeing black shadows & finally around about 10 or 11pm I fall asleep. Like I said a few days ago I saw a black one running in my room but I was,t sure what it was running from. Could anyone tell me why it was running & what from cause I did,t saw any other shadows in my room exspect that 1.
    31456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
    I have got to tell you that when my husband was ill I saw black shadows it concerned me but I tried not to let it frighten me. I did not tell anyone about this a few weeks later my husband was stressed and he told me he keeps seeing black shadows. I did not want to worry him or frighten him so I told him it was probably reflections or something like that but I did not really believe this.
    My husband died a couple of weeks after this. I am still not sure what the black shadows were but I have not seen them since. I think it was spirits waiting for him to pass over or demons that wanted to steal his soul. I would not let this happen so I prayed for him and blessed him with holy water, I also got him blessed by clergy. I was determined nothing was going to steal his soul or harm him. He has visited me since his death and I know he is safe and happy. Black shadows are very real and perhaps there is a medical eye condition but on this occasion it had nothing to do with eye problems. Demons cannot harm your loved ones if they are protected by your love. Ask the Angels to surround you with their love and protection and they will protect you. J
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 20, 2012, 07:57 PM
    "Demons cannot harm your loved ones if they are protected by your love"?? Sounds like something out of a Harry Potter book for two reasons... one, it's cheesy... two, it's fiction. Why pray if all we really need to do is love somebody enough to protect them? Guess work and superstition only keep people ignorant of this problem. If people would only read the bible and see what it really says about this subject! It's not hidden knowledge...

Also, demons CANNOT steal anyone's soul. A person's mind and will is their own... if any of that is ever under the control of demonic power it is because it has been GIVEN over to them... and it can always be taken back!
    aubhey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 01:50 AM
    I'm seeing these things too.. when I was in kinder I saw a white shadow in front of my bedroom door, then when we moved in our new house me and my mother saw little shadow size of a dog or cat, I thought its just me then I saw my mother and asked her if she sees it too, she said yes, last week we go out for a site visit for construction bidding I saw a black shadow at the office 4 times, I asked the guards if there is something's that you don't see is playing around they said yes just for those who can see these things, then I said that there is I think at this specific office, then they answered me YES, YOU SAID IT RIGHT MA'AM THERE IS SOMETHING IT THAT OFFICE.. Sometimes when I'm feeling or seeing things I just thought it might be my imagination, I thought I'm just a freak needs medication.

What do you think about that..

*I HAVE MANY STORIES ABOUT THESE THINGS STARTED WHEN I SAW THIS WHITE SHADOW AT 5 AND IM NOW 25 STILL SEEING THINGS :)*
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 4, 2013, 04:45 PM
    What do we think about that? Well, it's possible...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I see black shadows [ 22 Answers ]

My 10 year old son is telling me he is seeing Black Shadows. It is starting to freak me out. He doesn't seem to mind for some reason. He just started to see them this past weekend when we went on vacation to the OBX. Two years ago I broke my back there surfing and we haven't been back there until...

Why do I see black shadows [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having trouble sleeping at night . I woke up from a bad dream and felt like I have just got back from somewhere or someone just left . I woke up with something saying gone but not forgotten and there fist went down my throat . There is a scratch under my tongue and don't know how it got...

Please help us... Black shadows [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I need some help please last night I spent the night at a friends and we were fighting and we suddenly heard noise twice and my friend saw a black shadow figure along the wall where the noise was coming from, this isn't the first time I have experienced this I feel I am being tormented. I know...

Black Shadows? [ 11 Answers ]

My father passed away 2 years ago, not only have I seen, but so has my daughter and my brother have seen black shadows at my home, or even outside of the house. Do you know what Black Shadows are? Are they good or evil? Is it something from my dad passing? Any help that anyone can give to me...

Black shadows [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is sherii and I have a friend that has been seeing black shadows. She woke up this morning and felt something touch her arm and while she was driving to work this black shadow has been following her she has seen this shadow in her car next to a church and at work. She feels like death is...

View more questions Search