Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frustrated80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2005, 12:01 PM
    Need a code for my honda accord cd player
    I need help in obtaining a code for my honda accord cd player. Earlier today I changed my battery and since that time I have discovered that in doing so I have activated my anti-theft system and now need a code to enter into my system to get it working again. After reading on the web, apparently I will have to pay the dealer $$ to obtain the code for me, but had I purchased the car first hand myself from the dealer they would have given it to me without charge. I'm in school full time and low on cash... does anyone know the steps to putting in the code to the car? How many digits the code usually is? I'm willing to fool around with it to save some $$, I just need the steps. I'm extremely pissed that my car has not prevented me from stealing my own stereo and I have no music. Other honda car owners make sure you have your code before changing the battery/alternator, etc.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 18, 2005, 12:54 PM
    I have heard that some models have the code on a little tag on the inside of the trunk lid. Try checking around there. I'm not sure if that pertains to your model. Good luck!
    janellevenancio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 02:43 PM
    I have the same problem with my 99 accord so let me know if you've figured it out
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 16, 2006, 08:45 AM
    I can't find the thread that I'm pretty sure I saw recently, but I think you have to call the dealer for the code if it's not on a tag on the car somewhere.
    Vel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
    You must have noted down the code while replacing the battery.It's a 5 digits code.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 24, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Thanks for your response, but this article is over a year old and I doubt the person who inquired even cares anymore. Make sure you look at the date before posting. (I'm just getting tired of getting year-old update messages.)

Thanks and best wishes!
    boomspa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    You must have noted down the code while replacing the battery.It's a 5 digits code.
    I have missplace my code and I need it 4 my car
    ShannonL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
    I had the same problem today. Just look inside your glove box for a sticker. The first number on the sticker should be the code and the second number should be the cd player's serial#. If u don't see either one, you can call HondaUSA at 1-800-999-1009 just give them your VIN# and CD player serial# and they will give you the unlock code for FREE! If your cd player display reads, CODE, just enter it but if it says, Code Error you must unhook your car battery, hook it back up and then try the code. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda Accord Cd Player [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 99 accord v6 ex. I decided about 3 years ago to remove the stock cd player and try to install an after market. Well, before I realized what I did, I cut all the wires going into the harness. Now I have no radio or dashlights. The trip meter, clock, and climate control are illuminated...

Need MP3 player for 2006 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought a 2006 Honda Accord (won't play MP3's) and, because of the receiver's weird shape I can't find an off-the-shelf MP3 receiver to replace it - they don't fit. Anyone know of one or have an idea of how to play MP3's with an installed player (not an Ipod) in a Honda 2006 Accord? Thanks....

Need code for cd player on 04 accord! [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find the code for a 2004 honda accord cd changer I had the battery replaced and now says code. I checked the trunk but no luck... any suggestions??

97 Honda Accord CD Player [ 3 Answers ]

What's the standard compatible specification for in dash cd player for that model? Thanks

04 honda accord cd player [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install sirus radio in my 04 honda accord I want to use the AUX output I don't know how to get to the output and if I need a harness

View more questions Search