Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaliota2002 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Can they test ETG for alcohol along with the other 5 panel drug commonly tested for?
    I am taking a SAP 5-50/300 PLUS random drug test and know that the "PLUS" is for alcohol however do not know if it's a normal ethanol test for alcohol or a ETG test for alcohol. Can they be combined?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaliota2002 View Post
    I am taking a SAP 5-50/300 PLUS random drug test and know that the "PLUS" is for alcohol however do not know if its a normal ethanol test for alcohol or a ETG test for alcohol. Can they be combined?
    EtOH and EtG are separate tests. One will not detect the other. Of course the same sample could be tested for both. Do you know who is performing the test?

Jan 22, 2012, 02:04 PM
    I have to go to Quest Diagnostics to have the tests performed. What's EtOH? Its actually 36355N SAP 5-50/300 PLUS, that is the full name of the test.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
    EtOH = ethanol

My Quest connection is having problems. Here is a direct link on line. Should be able to find your test # there. Quest

What is the nature of test? Employment, etc.

Even without finding the #, it is a basic panel checking for 5 illegal drugs, 50/300 are the cutoffs, and the PLUS usually means EtOH as EtG is usually in 9000 series.

Jan 22, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Yeah I tried the website and doesn't tell me exactly what it is just what the 5 panel drugs are. Its for employment. So if the alcohol test is just ethanol than the normal time limit for the alcohol being detected in your urine should be used (24 hours) correct? Not the 80 hours like ETG?
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 02:41 PM
    yeah i tried the website and doesn't tell me exactly what it is just what the 5 panel drugs are. Its for employment. So if the alcohol test is just ethanol than the normal time limit for the alcohol being detected in your urine should be used (24 hours) correct? Not the 80 hours like ETG?
    Yes. There is no reason to test for EtG in pre-employment.

In fact, if you haven't been offered employment there is no basis for checking for EtOH. At any rate, this is a basic Substance Abuse Panel (SAP) standardly used in employment testing.

Jan 22, 2012, 02:46 PM
    It's a little different than employer/employee relationship and one of my conditions is that I have to refrain from alcohol for a year. I would think that they would test for ETG but if you say it's a standard ethanol test, than thank you. Would it be possible that they could test for ETG with this test?
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Its a little different than employer/employee relationship and one of my conditions is that I have to refrain from alcohol for a year. I would think that they would test for ETG but if you say its a standard ethanol test, than thank you. Would it be possible that they could test for ETG with this test?
    Yes it is possible and from the same sample.

Jan 22, 2012, 03:12 PM
    If they did test for ETG off the same sample they would have to charge me twice for that sample though correct? Whatever lab is testing it would have to perform 2 tests correct? Could the PLUS mean ETG or does it usually mean ethanol? They are not charging me twice for the same sample so this is why I am wondering.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Under the circumstances that you describe it would make sense and they could legally test for EtG. I was assuming this to be a pre-offer of employment test.

My records do not indicate whether PLUS may include EtG. Conceivably it could. Generally it does not. Without access to the numbers I really can't tell. I'll keep trying to access the info for you.

Jan 22, 2012, 03:28 PM
    Thank you very much for your expertise. If you do find out exactly what the test is any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Thank you very much for your expertise. If you do find out exactly what the test is any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    Could not locate by Quest # 36355N. The numbers seem to vary by region even for same test. The number is an internal identifier.

The 5/50/300 series is the most basic test available. In every test for every region reviewed the PLUS indicates ethanol. As indicated previously EtG is invariably in a 9000 series and definitely a separate test.

You might try going back to the Quest site and choosing a lab within the state where you reside from the pull-down menu. That might turn the test.

Jan 23, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Thank you so much for your time and expertise! Greatly appreciated.
    rusty2008z Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
    Does labcorp test 737675 include EtG testing?
    shalala1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2014, 09:57 AM
    Check out Quest at:

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter

Go to "By test name" and then under letter "S" look for "Substance Abuse Panels"

You may not find the exact test, but you can see what is in a 5, 7, 9, 10 etc, panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

How was I tested positive for alcohol in my urine test if I don't drink? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Pregnant and don't drink at all...

Help, Positive ETG Alcohol test and no alcohol has been consumed? [ 21 Answers ]

And again. More failed ETGs. He is not drinking. What to do? Could there be something wrong with his liver? He DOES NOT drink.

ETG Alcohol Test (80 Hour Alcohol Test) [ 1 Answers ]

I drink Non-Alcoholic Beer, but it still contains less than 0.5% alcohol per bottle. I usually have one or two every couple of days. Will this show up in the test? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search