Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lofakind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 09:19 PM
    Son and daughter in law owes money how to get it back?
    My husband and I took his daughter, son in law and two grandbabies in when they didn't have any where to go. There apt was being fumicated They stay with us for over two weeks until the daughter blew her cool over me asking her 21 month girl not to touch the dogs... one is pregnant. They stormed out here that night went back to their apt for a coulple of nights. On the Sunday they were at their friends home visiting unfortunly the 4 month old died the case is still under investication! We made all the funneral arangements etc. They have been extremely rude calling me everyname in the book because I can not go to any funneral. I lost a son since then been diag with bipolor etc. They refuse to pay what they owe on a car that they bought on payments from my daughter. My husbasnd was theating several times about not paying any thing they owed included the car. I have tried to reasonalbe about this since the funeral but I can not allow them not to pay their bill They feel that we owe them not the other way Can any one help?
    Kimberly
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 09:32 PM
    So many things I want to say about both sides, but>

Sue them in small claims court for the money, no attorney is needed for small claims court
    FeelingHorrible Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 07:16 AM
    Yeah, I was going to say the same thing... small claims court. Maybe warn them before hand that that is what you are planning to do if they don't pay back what is owed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex boyfriend owes me money with a written agreement to pay it back... [ 3 Answers ]

My exboyfriend and I broke up 2 years ago in dec 2007. We lived together for 8months and when we moved in together it was under the agreement that we would split the living costs. Around the same time he bought a new car. Now the way it ended up was that I paid his share of the rent twice and...

Claim Father in law - when he owes back taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

My father in law lives with us, and has now for almost 6 months. He is a war vet and doesn't work. He is not on disability, but does get V.A. Benefits. He does owe a large amount of money for years of back taxes. Is it wise to claim him as a dependent on our joint return? Will the govt come...

Can I file a law suit on a person that owes me money [ 1 Answers ]

This person that owes me money has a late execution on her and she does not responed to the letters,what is next

Can I legally force my daughter to pay all the back child support she owes? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter owes over $8,000 in back child support. In five years she has paid less than one tenth of what the court ordered. The money is not important to my husband and myself, we just want to legally adopt our granddaughter whom we have loved and raised almost her whole life. I'm just wondering...

Daughter-in-law owes me money; not avoiding me [ 2 Answers ]

I made a mistake and loaned my daughter-in-law big money so she could pay property tax on her business. She has not made much profit and has not paid me any money since borrowing it four months ago. She is avoiding me now which means I do not get to see my grandchildren. I have done the calling in...

View more questions Search