Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BPSBurt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 05:49 PM
    4 Wheel Drive on 2003 Power Stroke Ford PU 250 won't engage?
    Have turned switch to 4W Drive High & turned hubs to lock position but 4W drive will not engage.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Sounds like a transfer case related problem. First, check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter. Second, check for codes. Third, check the transfer case itself. Fluid should be changed every 100,000 miles--I use 2 quarts of Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
    BPSBurt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
    Will try this tomorrow. You can hear it try to switch & we hear a rachet sound when we try to engage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Ford 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo- Diesel [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2003 7.3 power stroke turbo-diesel runs great however after driving the vehicle 5 to 15 minutes starts to bogg down looses all power as if, starving for fuel If let sit for 20 minutes will start up and run for another 15 minutes and stop again.Changed the fuel pump and have a full tank of...

Ford F-250 7.3 Power stroke glow plugs [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: How do I change the glow plugs in my 1999 Ford F-250, 7.3 Power Stoke?

2003 ford F 250 6.0 no fuel pressure [ 0 Answers ]

Got a 20 gal load of what seems to be watered down fuel. Much missing and rough running with a final stop of engine. Sit for a short time and started up and got it home. Replaced both filters and both were old and dirty. Also replace oil and filter plus air filter. Many tries to start failed until...

John Deere L110 drive won't engage after pushing in free wheel rod [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 when I push the free wheel rod in, it does not engage the drive. I can press the forward or reverse pedals and the rear wheels do nothing.

View more questions Search