Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Weebee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 11:35 AM
    My Cat has bumps and scabs all over her neck. What should I do ?
    I love my cat Wee Wee and recently she has been getting bumps and scabs all over her neck and some on her head and we are really worried. We have another cat called Bee but none of this has happened to her. My dad says it might be tics but we tried brushing her and she wouldn't let us. I love my cat so much so please could you answer as soon as possible so we can get the help she needs.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 12:29 PM
    Weebee, is she an outdoor cat as well as indoor? Is she spayed? They sound like wounds of some kind and you should really take her to a vet.
    tommynmisie Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Weebee, are the scabs on her neck just below her ears? If so, check her ears for ear mites. This is a thick brown mucus build up that will have a sour smell. This could be draining out of her ears causing her to itch and scratch. If you can't get her to hold still, grab her by the nape of the neck (the skin on the back of the neck). This releases natural endorphins that sends animals into a relaxed state, just like when their mothers carried them around when they were little. Is there a chance that she has been mating? Male cats will bite the female on the neck to get her to hold still while copulating. In any case, please wash your hands after touching the bumps and scabs as a precaution.
    -M.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jan 6, 2012, 08:18 PM
    [QUOTE=;][/QUOTE
    Will she let you check for fleas? Some cats are highly allergic to fleas and the head and neck area are usually always affected.
    Could be ear mites but the only way to know that for certain is to have a look under the microscope, if there is black goo in her ears it would have an almost crumbly constincency if ear mites, more moist if it were infection of some sort.
    Fight wounds are also possible but would be more spaced out unless someone really chewed on her.
    If small very closely spaced scabs like rough grit sandpaper maybe fleas or allgergic skin disease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've noticed sum bumps like the ones you get on your neck below my vagina [ 1 Answers ]

I've noticed bumps below my vagaina like the ones people get around their necks

I have 100s of bumps with scabs that itch for the last three months. What do I have? [ 2 Answers ]

All over my back I have bumps that quickly scab. The bumps itch at times and do dischage clear water. The bumps do not want to heal and have been an on-going problem for three months. The scabs are very difficult to pick almost like if they were made of super glue. What may I have? What helps?

My cat has scabs all over her neck [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has scabs all over her neck and keeps scratching it. I have been avoiding taking her to the vet because I can't really afford to pay for a vet visit. She doesn't have them anywhere else on her body. If anyone knows what this can be please let me know.

View more questions Search