Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faustus23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 10:43 PM
    Is it possible to pass an EtG urine test after 48hrs?
    I was not expecting to be asked to take an EtG test tomorrow, but if I do and pass it will save me a lot of time and money over the next several months. I had one 10oz beer at 6pm yesterday, but a few drinks (5 whiskey) the night before, finishing at to a.m. I've had zero alcohol since the beer, and have been taking multi-vitamins, creotene, and milk-thistle supplements along with lots of water and cranberry juice since I found out about the test this afternoon. I also made myself a dinner of spinach salad with carrot and beef. I am a 37yr old male, 6ft. 160lbs. Is it possible to pass, or should I just skip it? Any info would be appreciated. Thank You.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2011, 11:10 PM
    I'm not coming up with the basis for 48 hours.

Give me the time line of the consumption of the 5 whiskies*. Across what period and then the time span from finishing at 2:am and the time of the test. Also the time between the beer and the test.

*were these measured shots? 1 oz 1-1/2 ?
    faustus23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 08:59 AM
    Five 1-1/2 oz (approx) tall bourbon and coke between 11pm and 2am Tuesday night. 1 10oz 5% beer between 6 &7pm wed. evening. Test will be around 9pm tonight (friday). Started flushing w water around 4pm Thursday and taking vitamins around 8pm. Thanks!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by faustus23 View Post
    Five 1-1/2 oz (approx) tall bourbon and coke between 11pm and 2am tuesday night. 1 10oz 5% beer between 6 &7pm wed. evening. Test will be around 9pm tonight (friday). Started flushing w water around 4pm thursday and taking vitamins around 8pm. Thanks!
    The beer is of no independent concern. That would be eliminated in less than 24 hours. I'm more concerned with the intake on previous day. At completion of drinking you had a BAC .07 taking about 5 hours clearance leaving about 62 hours for EtG clearance.

To be safe that should be above 66 hours but could be as little as 30. My predictions are based on worst case.

The study closest to your circumstance calculated from a BAC of .08) with a clearance time of 32 hours. (Moore 0-2) Next would be a study involving 3 shots of vodka, quickly consumed, [about .06 BAC my calc] with EtG clearance between 30-48 hours. Hoiseth, 2008

All of the elimination studies are imprecise and variable from one to another and involve few subjects. Both of the above relied upon a total of 14 males.

The small numbers tested indicate that you would pass but there is a risk. There is always a risk with the highly unreliable EtG testing
    palizprincess06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 08:42 AM
    I have an ETG test tomorrow at 1030am. I drank last on Saturday by about 230pm. I drank 3 long island ice teas. Also drank throughout the week as well doing shots of grey goose and three olive cherry.
    I'm a 24 yr old female, weighing about 140 lbs. Pretty active I'd say. What are my chances of passing this test?
    ScienceRules Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2013, 08:17 AM
    I believe that the best method most effective way to beat the ETG is to get a vitamin A shot and a B12 injection. Then go and hit the tanning beds or stay hlout in bright sun. Also helpful would be a liver detox. I am going to begin tests on myself on May 7th. I will maintain a systematic record of the experiment. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I am a 43 year old male with hypertension, and diabetes.
    repeal day Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 11:39 PM
    I'm on week 11 of a 12 week EtG testing program. Pretty psyched to be a free man again soon, and I'd like to help the others out there. I've read every piece of information I could find. Every thread, every clinical report, every everything.

What I've gathered is that the test can not be boiled down to exact hours. There's some talk of people testing positive at over 100 hours. There's studies that show that no one tests positive after 24 hours, some studies said 40. Sensitivity in males vs females have reports that go either way, but I think girls have it worse from the fail reports I've read. Chronic drinking can make you metabolize EtG faster, and apparently all alcoholics in studies test clean after 80 hours.

That being said- all I want to know is experience, and it seems everyone who posts about drinking before a test (dozens of posts with different alcohol intake and time before the test) never follow up and let everyone know what the result is. That kind of information is the most valuable. Here's mine, and I made sure to test the fences.

M, 29 yrs. 190lbs, 5'10

Week one- I drank *one* beer the night before the first test. Fail.

Week two- Clean for the week, but drank HARD on the Friday before the Tuesday test. 103 proof whiskey all day, more whiskey and beers all night. Tested clean with no excessive water drinking or exercise.

After that, I drank thursdays knowing that I passed that hardcore Friday, and never had any trouble. Then I started pushing it. I had a couple fridays where I drank until 4 am. I found out that EtG is water soluble, so I drank water all weekend until my insides hurt. I don't know if this was necessary, but it worked. Vitamin C cleanses your liver, and green tea works too (get the good stuff and brew it yourself). I took a lot of multivitamins, you want color in your sample, so drink less water and take more vitamins on the morning of the test. Sweating it out is supposed to work, too- and worst case scenario, you get some exercise.

ETG is supposed to pass according to your metabolism, so there's a lot of things you can do to increase this. A glass of water as soon as you wake up increases your metabolism. Breakfast does too (and eat something healthy about every 2 hours). Do some cardio. Drink Yerba Mate. And when in doubt, piss it out. The human body can process a liter an hour, which is a serious amount of water.

That's my data. Hope it helps.
    yamamabeatsya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 12:28 AM
    Drank 40oz of beer tonight, finished about midnight, started at 11, If I have an EtG test on Monday night will I be good? Appreciate any help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I pass a ETG test if I drank within 24 hours by diluting my urine? [ 6 Answers ]

Or is there any other way to pass it?

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

1 beer/18 hours later urine ETG test... Will I pass [ 1 Answers ]

I had 1 beer(7%) at midnight and had a urine test at 5:45 the next day(roughly 18 hours). Do you think I passed the ETG test? I definitely made a mistake, and I'm paying for it by all the worrying I've been doing the last few days. Im a healthy 25 year old male, 175 pounds, 5'10. I urinated 4-6...

Pass the EtG test [ 0 Answers ]

Will I pass the EtG urine test if it has been 70 hours. I drank one 16 oz beer and one shot and lots of water in between I am a 34 year old female 5 ft weight 137 I also drank vitamin water and cranberry juice.

Will I pass urine ETG test? Who has had experience? [ 7 Answers ]

I drank 3 beers on a Wednesday stopping around 2400-0100. Took a surprise urine ETG at 1300 on Saturday. I am 5'7" and 125lbs. Will I pass? It seems to be no one posts if they did pass or not so I will be sure to post the result.

View more questions Search