Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Dec 27, 2011, 07:55 AM
    How can I get a registration code for a program?
    My Church had a software program donated to us that works great and we'd like to continue to use it. But, it says we need to register it and the company is no longer in business. The program is "Ministry Ware" by "Disciple Software, LLC". They seem to have gone out of business in 2009.

Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfocke View Post
    My Church had a software program donated to us that works great and we'd like to continue to use it. But, it says we need to register it and the company is no longer in business. The program is "Ministry Ware" by "Disciple Software, LLC". They seem to have gone out of business in 2009.

Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not finding any info concerning Disciple Software going out of business but it does appear that this is "one user" software - registered once by one owner. Anyone else has to buy their own version.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Dec 27, 2011, 08:25 AM
    This forum dose not condone or support pirating of software music or any other intellectual property. If the publisher is out of business you may try to contact the person who donated the computer if the software was loaded at the time of donation. Other than this it would be extremely wise to switch to a product that is still in development and still supported. If you put all your information in a program that is no longer supported and then have a problem you may be in for an extremely rough time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2011, 08:39 AM
    I did see where their incorporation was revoked in Ark
    But this was the last known address that I could find for the owner of the LLC

BRENT STANE
    1602 RODEO DRIVE
    BRYANT, AR 72022

Dec 27, 2011, 11:39 AM
    This software was purchased for our Church by a member. It does not have a code on the package anywhere. It may not even need a code. It does say that it requires registration. Our time is up and we would like to conitnue to use it. But all of our attempts to contact the manufacturer have failed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
    Has it stopped working? When was it purchased and from where? If the software requires registration and you can't register it because they have gone out of business, then you are stuck. If its still working, continue to use it.

Dec 27, 2011, 03:17 PM
    It won't let us continue. I guess we will have to look for another program. It's a shame because it does exactly what we want it to do.

Thanks anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2011, 03:25 PM
    I see it for sale all over the place, have you contacted any of the current sellers, perhaps someone else bought the right to it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2011, 03:31 PM
    Tell the member who bought it to go back to the seller for either a regcode or his money back.
    jarkar777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 06:41 PM
    I have good news for you. Several years ago I was having issues with my copy of Ministry Ware so their support team sent me a registration bypass patch so I wouldn't have to keep registering my software. I also have a zip file to upgrade to version 2.5.0.5 If interested email me at >Removed<

Dec 29, 2011, 01:22 PM
    Thanks jarkar777! That worked great..
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 01:42 PM
    I have a problem with this - the OP didn't buy the program and have a problem with it. He's the second "owner" on a one "owner" software package.

Calling and asking for assistance and not revealing the circumstances fraud - which AMHD certainly does not condone.

I note the original question was about a donation. When advised that it is "one user" software the question was reposted and the software was purchased specifically for the church. Read the thread - two entirely different stories.

I don't know which surprises me more - the person who posted the info on how to circumvent the system, changing the circumstances in mid stream - OR the AMHD long-time user who followed it!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 02:30 PM
    The software is from 2002. The owners cannot be contacted so I'm OK with the circumvent. The owners would not be collecting on the license anyway since they aren't set up to give out licenses anymore.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The software is from 2002. The owners cannot be contacted so I'm ok with the circumvent. The owners would not be collecting on the license anyway since they aren;t set up to give out licenses anymore.

I'm not reading that the company cannot be contacted OR is out of business.

Yes, 2002 software is "probably" out of date, "probably" has a newer verision.

Very possible you know a lot more about software licensing than I know - I thought if it was "one owner" the manufacturer meant "one owner." Newer version, version no longer supported - doesn't make a difference. It's "one owner" software.

Dec 29, 2011, 03:03 PM
    We are the original owner. It was bought for us and donated to us by a member. It was sealed in it's original package. So we would have been the first registration on the program. The exact facts are it was donated to us in the fall of 2010. We used it for a month until it required us to register. Then it would not let us continue using it. I made several attempt to contact the manufacturer with no success. I did what research I could to find the company or individual that could help. Still no luck. We then gave up on it and used another program that is not as user friendly. We decided to dig it out and try again this year for our end of the year reports. That's when I posted here. I thought someone would be helpful in getting me in touch with manufacturer but I never figure that anyone would get upset and accusatory. Sorry if I offended anyone...

Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Another case when posting all of the info at one time would have cleared up all doubts.

I'm neither upset nor accusatory. I addressed what was posted, no more and no less.

My concern was whether AMHD was taking part in circumventing the registration process.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm not reading that the company cannot be contacted OR is out of business.
    I'm quite handy with researching companies on the web and I can't find squat about them in their original name. So then the software kind of falls under abandonware. There is no one around to lose any licensing revenue from the use of the application so it becomes a free for all.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2011, 03:53 PM
    If the company is donzo, then there is no server to accept user registrations.

It looks like MinistryWare is just a record keeper. You could do this with web applications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change Position Of A Program In Program List? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change the position of a program in the list of "All Programs"? (after placing the curser over the "Start" button then on "all programs".

Qestion1:emplyee pay program, question2:average program [ 1 Answers ]

I would just like to know how to write these programs and the proper way in which to go about doing so. Question #1 In this exercise you create a program that displays an employee’s name and gross pay. a) The figure below shows the partially completed IPO chart for the payroll program....

How do I correct file listings in a program code? [ 1 Answers ]

I created a web site on webeasy and I uploaded it But only the first page came up I asked for support but at webeasy they told me they do not offer coding support. I tried to change the titles of the other pages to 002.htm etc.. But it did not work. How do I get into this program code and...

Month Registration sticker doen't match DMV registration date [ 1 Answers ]

So, My husband was driving our almost dead car today and got pulled over. The officer ticketed him because the Month registration sticker on the license plate doesn't match the registration month at the DMV. I had noticed this before but hadn't thought much of it, but now the police think we...

View more questions Search