Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brookevollmar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Lower right side.periodic pain
    I have been having peiodic pain in my lower right side right below my ribs, above my hip, and more towards my stomach than back. The feeling is almost cramp like. So anyhoo just wondering if this should be of concern? My liver, or kidneys, appendix?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 09:53 PM
    If the liver and a kidney is not on the right side then where are they? Another organ that is in the same area is the gallbladder. Plus the ascending colon is in the area you mentioned the pain is in. Appendix is always a suspicion.
    I Would See A Doctor.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 08:01 AM
    The liver is on the right side, yes. I stand corrected. Thank you. And there is the left and the right kidney. But the liver and gallbladder are higher than the area where this pain is so the appendix would be a likely place to start questioning. But that does not rule out the others - hoping you have already seen a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periodic stabbing foot pain [ 18 Answers ]

On the top right side of my right foot about halfway back I would from time to time get a quick stabbing pain. Starting last night it's frequency ranges from every few seconds to every few minutes. Ouch! Any ideas of what's causing it?

Lower stomach pain [ 3 Answers ]

Hello guys, I've been getting this realli severe stomach pain in the very lower part of my stomach. It has been happening 3-4 years although only last 20 minutes and when it does I feel like I'm going to die! I get all dizzy and sweaty! I've has it scaned and they said nothing has come up. Does...

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Lower pelvic pain on left side that shoots down thigh [ 2 Answers ]

I am experiencing lower pelvic pain on my left side that shoots down my thigh sometimes. I also have lower back pain that is similar to back pain that comes right before my period.I have had this back pain for going on two weeks but the pelvic pain is new. I am on the pill so I should not be...

Lower Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months. Last month my husband and I had sex the day before and day of ovulation. The following few weeks I was feeling really nauseous and was sure that I was pregnant, however, I got my period exactly on day 29 as usual. I still did not...

View more questions Search