Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    th011797 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Itchy bumps on skin
    Hello,

I have these small, flesh colored itchy bumps on my skin and they are driving me crazy! I just noticed them about a couple of days ago when I when to sleep under the fan with no shirt on. The bumps are very small, about the size of a period or pencil point - they are barely noticeable but they itch like crazy. I have some on my arms, thighs, stomach, and hips. They are not in clusters; for example some I have 3 small bumps on my arms that are spaced apart. My mom thought maybe it was a heat rash but I think something probably bit me while I was sleeping. The itchiness is not going away. I put some Aveeno anti-itch cream on them - it has calamine lotion in it - and that is not working. Besides that I am 8 months pregnant so I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. It is definelty not mosiquito bites and the bumps are not red. I haven't done anything differently lately that I could recall, except go to sleep without a shirt on because I was hot so I'm thinking maybe some insect or bug bit me up while I was sleeping. I was also wondering if it could be bed bugs, but I checked my bed - none to be found. Then I was thinking scabies because I found some info about that online doing an internet search, then I started thinking maybe I was allergic to something but at 24 years old I have never been allergic to anything before so I'm not sure.

Any suggestions on what this could be? Please respond, thanks!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jul 15, 2008, 11:10 AM
    I'm not really sure what it could be. Have you been to see your GP?
    sam16comcast Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 08:21 PM
    This could be intraheptic colistasis ( might not be correct spelling) It's a back up of bile acid in your system during the later months of pregnancy. Make sure and tell your ob gyn about this next visit. It's very important. It can cause stillborn if not monitored carefully. My wife developed this extreme itching in her 8th month, and they induced at 37 weeks to help prevent damage to her's or the baby's liver. With most people the itching starts on the palms of the hands and bottoms of the feet, but hers was like all over. Good luck, and call your doctor about asap as it can be serious. Good luck !
    bunniboososexii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Ihave tha same thing I'm going to tha dermitologist wit my mom...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry itchy skin/ blisters with white bumps [ 9 Answers ]

My skin is so dry and itchy and I get blister looking bumps with white heads but they are not pimples and it's all over my body, what is it? I sometimes scratch until it bleeds and then it's a open wound. What is it and what do I do to get relief?

What are these Itchy Red Bumps? [ 17 Answers ]

Itchy bumps appear on face out of no where I can just be sitting at my desk at work a part of my face starts to itch its like a mesquito bite even if I don't scratch it can swell. I don't use commercial products on my face only natural ingredients (literally stuff out of my kitchen). I laid my head...

Itchy red bumps [ 3 Answers ]

Have been suffering with red bumps all over that itch like hell. All lead to hives but all recommended measures of relief have no effect. Doctors can only prescribe antihistamines. None of them work. Wondering if it might be something else?

Itchy skin,red bumps [ 9 Answers ]

I can't stop itching all over and when I do I get these red bumps and some get big with pus in them

Itchy, irritated skin and a few small bumps entrance to vagina [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can help me. I am making a Dr. appointment tomorrow to get checked out, but was checking to see if anyone would know what this is? I have painful and itchy-feeling urination, but the rest of the time I just itch like crazy all over the genital area with two bumps on the...

View more questions Search