Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abdulkhadar2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 04:00 AM
    Why do snakes come out of their burrows during summer?
    Why do snakes come out of their burrows during summer?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 20, 2011, 04:08 AM
    Because they are warm and need to feed, amongst other reasons.
    Remember as they as cold blooded reptiles they behaviour differently in the warmer months..
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
    I know this is an older post, but I adore snakes and want to answer.

Ben is right, being warm blooded makes the world of difference. The few snakes I have caught in mid and late fall were defenseless. The colder temperature pretty much made them immobile. They need that heat for energy... movement, digestion... without warmth they can't do anything. As mammals obviously we produce our own heat therefor not requiring it from our environment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snakes [ 2 Answers ]

:o I have always wondered when snakes in my area come out of hybernation. I have many leaves to clean up & have been scared by lizards & snakes enough! I live in Bangor, Pa. Can someone answer my question? Thank you for your time with this request! Wendy ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paying child support during the summer, but I have her during the summer. [ 3 Answers ]

When we got our divorce, I didn't pay attention to the fact that I would be paying child support during the summer months too and I have the child during the summer. Can I file a petition for him to pay me payments during the summer months? I am basically paying him all year round.

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

Snakes [ 4 Answers ]

What type of snakes would you find in the Jungles in South America? Which ones wrap themselves around and suffocate their prey?

Snakes [ 5 Answers ]

We live on 10 acres and are currently living in a camper trailer while we renovate our home. We have garter snakes and I am terrified of them, so much so that I won't leave the camper during the day unless absolutely necessary. (I know that they are harmless and eat mice etc. etc. but suppose...

View more questions Search