Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JonoGaza Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2007, 02:56 PM
    52gallon WellSaver pressure tank
    I have a brand new wellsaver pressure tank. I have set the pressure switch for 30/50. This part of it seems to be working well, but every time I have checked the pressure in the tank I get different readings. Anywhere from 24psi to 40psi and then back to 24 then to 32 and so on. I want to get it to 28, but I am not sure why I get the strange readings. The pump seems to be running well, but it doesn't kick on sometimes until 24 or 26psi. Any info would be appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 19, 2007, 11:41 AM
    The bladder tank pressure should be 2 PSI under the cut in pressure of the control box aftre the pump is shut off at the breaker box and the system drained down. In other words if you have a cut-in at 30PSI the bladder tank will be pressurized at 28PSI. Good luck, tom
    JonoGaza Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JonoGaza
    I have a brand new wellsaver pressure tank. I have set the pressure switch for 30/50. This part of it seems to be working well, but every time I have checked the pressure in the tank I get different readings. Anywhere from 24psi to 40psi and then back to 24 then to 32 and so on. I want to get it to 28, but I am not sure why I get the strange readings. The pump seems to be running well, but it doesn;t kick on sometimes until 24 or 26psi. Any info would be appreciated.
    The problem is not with the switch. The problem is that the pressure tank gives different readings constantly.
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 19, 2007, 04:32 PM
    The I would replace the control box. Nothing else controls pressure.

"every time I have checked the pressure in the tank I get different readings. Anywhere from 24psi to 40psi and then back to 24 then to 32 and so on. I want to get it to 28,"

And these readings are when the pump's up to pressure and shut down? Regards, Tom
    Scargod Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2007, 05:09 AM
    I suspect Jonogaza is checking the pressure at the pressure tank air fitting without bleeding down the pressure on the water first.
    Freebird1st Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 11:16 PM
    The pressure will vary depending on how much water has dispensed from the tank. When working properly it should always be somewhere between the cut-in and the cut-out pressure settings of the pumps pressure regulator.
    In other words, an empty tank should have approx.28#s of pressure but as it fills with water (when the pump cuts on), the pressure will rise until the pump cuts off (40 - 50#s). As the water is used the pressure will again begin to go down until the pump cuts back on.
    http://www.inspectapedia.com/water/1529s.jpg
    http://www.inspectapedia.com/water/WaterTankTypes.htm
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2011, 01:33 AM
    Hey Free, the thread you posted on is 4 years old and quite dead. Take a look at the top left for the date of a post.
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 20, 2011, 06:22 AM
    Hi Freebird and welcome to the Plumbing pageat at AskMeHelpDesk.com. You piggybacked on an a 4 year old dead thread In the future, before you post, look in the upper left hand corner for the date.
    Solid advice and a good post. Please feel free to post and answer questions. Your input is needed. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Bigger pressure tank or increase pressure? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a new home and the builder had installed a 20 gal pressure tank. I have a jet pump system where the motor sits directly on the tank itself. I really notice the pump running a bit,but also notice the loss of pressure quickly, especially in the shower. Now I was thinking of buying a much...

Well Tank Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My well tank is building pressure to the point where the pressure release valve continually leaks water. I tried emptying the tank and restarting. As soon as I did this the tank built pressure to over 90 and the pressure release valve again began leaking a lot of water. Any ideas? Thanks,...

Tank Pressure vs Pump Cut Out Pressure for Well [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to increase my water system pressure to the minimum required 40 PSI to feed my reverse osmosis drinking water filter. However, the 33 gallon pressure tank for my well pump system says it is pre-charged at 30 PSI and that the cut in pressure for my pump should be set equal to that 30...

New pressure tank? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my well pump replaced. Ever since, the pump kicks in after a gallon or two of water use. I called the well pump installer immediately when we noticed the problem (which did not exist until he came out to replace the pump), but he won't show up to check it out. Kidnapping him and...

View more questions Search