Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaybird9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Dodge Ram Dashboard - Class Action Law Suit!
    Does anyone know if there is a class action law suit currently against Dodge in regards to the inferior dashboards they put in the Dodge Ram 1500 trucks? If not does anyone know how to start a class action lawsuit? I know I am not alone in this and I think we should all band together to get something done about it. They (Dodge) should fix this problem!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2006, 06:26 PM
    People have not been mamed or killed by Dodge dashboards, so there is not nearly enough money in it for a lawyer to pursue on a contingency basis. It's just an inferior product. Chaulk it up to experience and don't buy a Dodge again. If you want a legal remedy, you need to hire a lawyer, go to court, and prove damages.
    GGenny01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
    There should be something to protect us from Dodge's bad dashboards.. I bought a brand new 2001 Dodge Ram and about 2 years later the dash busted and collasped. Now my heater or defroster won't work because the dash has fallen in. I have seen at least 6 other trucks, all 2006 and all the ones I have seen.. RED. I tried to see if it had a warranty on it a couple years ago and the Dodge dealership just kept putting me off and wouldn't return my calls. So , I gave up. We now have to buy another dash or do without heating and defrost, probably a/c also. We paid $28,000 for our truck and just knew it was going to be with us along time. We have less than 50,000 miles on it and probaby couldn't get anything out of it if we wanted to trade it in.. grrrrr... NEVER will we buy another Dodge product.
    PineRide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 06:01 PM
    I wish we knew my Husband has a 1999 Dodge PU, right after the factory warranty went out the dashboard fell in. We got one from a junk yard and replaced it now this one has fell in... I believe they are no good.
    Lpark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 09:32 AM
    I received a letter from a law office in Ls. I read a small portion of it and put it on my desk for further review after the holidays. I cannot find it now. But part of it read the lawsuit was against Dodge Ram 1500s, from the year 2000 on. It had to do with electrical problems. We owneda 1500 2002 which developed electrical problems which would drain the battery in a matter of a few hours. I took it to the Dodge people and they said I would have to leave the truck for about 3 or 4 days for them to find it. No loaner vehicle nothing? I cannot remember the Law Office Name, but if anyone knows it I would appreciate hearing from you. The problem cost us quite a bit of money due to the fact the problem would ruin the battery after just a short time. My email is [email protected]
    Shuckapeafarms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 07:41 PM
    I own a 2001 and the dash is cracked. Dodge of course will not recognize their failures and that pretty much explains why they are at the BOTTOM where they will always remain!
    I did find this website that offers an ABS cap.(http://www.dashcoversplus.com/site/1427228/product/PLASTICdashcover) They have a video on how to install-klooks pretty simple and is priced at about $120 including shipping but of course that varies with location.
    DO NOT purchase a dodge replacement dashboard!! It's $800 and made of the same garbage your original cracked dash is made of!! It will do it again!
    Here's what I know... there are so many complaints that Dodge is being forced to take responsibility by means of PR and the media if nothing else! I have heard of no Class Action Suits which basically aren't worth squat unless you're the plaintiff attorney, then you have potential of lining your pockets however, the victims will get pennies! I do know that the news media had an entire story and basically embarrassed Dodge and their future sales potential. It has been rumored that Dodge is considering taking some form of responsibility but nothing etched in stone as of yet!
    I have owned Dodges on and off since the late 60's and nothing has changed about Dodge! They are still at the bottom of their industry and will always remain there until they get management that knows something about product and conducting repeat business! They have always had the "we don't give a rats behind" attitude which explains why they're at the bottom of the pile of garbage!
    I would like to know if this is a southern heat issue or is it pretty much nationwide Dodge quality? Anyone know the answer?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 07:45 PM

Heat.
    robsmopar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 01:35 PM
    It is nation wide armor all or not ! The dash is garbage and WILL crack covered with a mat or not I repair Dodge trucks in my shop and the 94-2002 rams all crack after a few years.there is now an after market one with a lifetime warranty . Dodge needs to be put back into bankruptcy for this kind of quality !
    ram2500man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 09:57 AM
    I have a 2000 Ram 2500 Diesel. It started cracking in about 2006, and I have always used a window shade. The front dash plate also has a crack in it. There is a 2001 Ram 1500 at work, with 35000 miles on it. It has a huge 6 by 8 chunk that fell in. Otherwise, I really like my Ram 2500.
    olderveteran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 12:10 PM
    I bought a 2001 dodge p/u with 84,250 miles on it 6 months ago the truck was to clean to sell for 4,000 dollars so I looked it over very closely and coulden't find any thing wrong with it although it did have a felt cover on the dash the guy I bought it from said he put it there so he could keep his sons raceing forms and a pad to keep track inrormation handy when his sons finishes in front of him

After a couple of months I noticed the dash was sinking in the middle so I pulled the cover back and looked under it. The dash was cracking pretty bad so I took it to my mechanic who is an excellent mechanic and has been doing our familys work for years , I left the truck with him so we could find another dash in a recking yard we searched for weeks which turned into months and I found a company in Florida that reproduced them for 326.00 plus tax with a lifetime warranty . I never do things half assed so I ordered one while my mechanic went through the wireing light ,fans etc

When the dash arrived he put it in and it looked great he said he had found a few seeds and leaves on top of the heater which he cleaned off and every thing checked out. About a month later I noticed a puff of smoke coming out of my heater vents on the dash. I turned the heater off and took the truck back to the mechanic he went through it again and found a couple pieces of the broken dash still caught up in the wiring harness he pulled them out and ran the truck for half hour and found no other problems

I took the truck home when I noticed the oil pressure gage droping flat I stopped checked the oil it was full so I kept a eye on the pressure gage and when it droped again I took it back to my mechanic who pulled the oil pan and found that the oil pumd had small shavings of metal and on further inspection the crank had chips on it the gears on the oil pump were badly worn and chiped. I had him pull the entire lower half of the engin and replace every thing when I got the truck back it ran great last Friday I started the truck to let it warm up for 10 min or so when I came out to go the truck was full of smoke when I opened the door it erupted in flames. I used my extinguisher but the whole interior was on fire I was helpless the fire trucks took 7or 8 minutes to get there and by then it was to late

To add insult to injury I put my leather coat in the truck when I starter it. I lost my briefcase all of my contracts and paper work for a weeks work that I may never be able to recupe I never do things half assed I have spent more than 6,000 on the truck and have only put a 1,000 miles on it, it's been in the shop for 3 and half months of the 6 I have owned it ( it's a total loss ) I'm not a chrysler hater I have owned many chrysler products over the last 35 years and found them to be the toughest ones in my construction co This one however because of the dash was a piece of crap and needs to be replace by chrysler and compensation for all of the time and agrevation of running it back and forth to the mechanic
    ram2500man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 09:16 AM
    I bought a 2000 Ram 2500 diesel, new. Always kept a sunshade in the window. After about 7 years, the dash started cracking. A couple of small chunks fell out too, leaving holes. It's a pain to replace, so I just covered the whole mess with a DashMat. Other than that, great truck. 142,000 miles now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Dashboard Removal [ 32 Answers ]

My 2000 Dodge Ram 1500's dashtop has cracks throughout the dashtop. A 6" x 6" section has already come out. I want to replace the dashtop myself, since the Dealership wants almost $500 in labor charges alone to replace the dashtop. I could use some help here with Dashtop removal instructions. ...

Dashboard Replacement 1999 Dodge Ram [ 18 Answers ]

It has been several months now, that my dashboard to my 1999 Dodge Ram truck has been falling apart. I would like to replace it; however, I have no clue how to start removing the dashboard. I need your help.

Law suit/receivership [ 1 Answers ]

If a person has a medical malpractice suit filed and court date cancelled due to receivership of Insurance Company. What does one do?

Suit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to a evening concert, (jazz). Does a light tan suit sound OK. What shirt color??

View more questions Search