Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BriSchleiger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Period 1 week late.could I be pregnant?
    My periods are usually right on time, occasionally they are either one or two days earlier than expected or one day later than expected. So having my period a whole week late is very unusual for me. I had pretty typical cramps on the day that I was supposed to start my period and then nothing happened. I have taken two pregnancy test that have come back negative, is it possible that my body has not released enough hgc hormone to detect yet? Is this common?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 02:17 AM
    It is possible that you could be pregnant. It is possible that your are getting negatives when it is possitive.

Are you doing the tests first thing in the morning with your first pee?

It is also possible that your body is just changing. Best to see a doctor. Get a blood test done, which is more accurate. Get a physical and go from there.

Best of luck.

Joe
    tishee_76 Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2007, 02:40 AM
    Hi BriSchleiger
    Jeusushelper76 has got it covered, just wanted to add that if you only conceived in the last couple of weeks it may be to early for the home test to detect..
    So yeah a blood test would solve that..
    Hope everything works out for you..
    lovebug2011 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 02:38 AM
    Im having the same thing happen to me I had cramps like I was going to start and it's a week late my test was negative so I'm going to wait and take another test at the end of the month and go to my ob dr as soon as I can

Dec 11, 2011, 02:41 AM
    Im having the same thing happen to me I had cramps like I was going to start and it's a week late my test was negative so I'm going to wait and take another test at the end of the month and go to my ob dr as soon as I can
    arlissa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 01:50 PM
    I am experiencing the same thing. I haven't taken a test yet because I want to see if my cylce is switching up on me. I should've started on Dec 12th and it is now Dec 15th. I don't want to get a test and it come back negative. So I'm waiting until the end of the month and give it a try. I'm really wondering if I'm pregnant.
    dmcgrue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 09:58 AM
    I am experiencing the same thing, my period was due around the 14th or 15th and it is now the 21st. I have a couple of symptoms but I don't want to get too excited because I have had many pregnancy symptoms before only to turn out I wasn't pregnant. I don't want to get my hopes up again, so I am waiting to see if my period is being weird and switching up on me. I pray that this is the real deal this time. I am going to give it till the end of the month. Best wishes to everyone. And if you all are pregnant, I wish you many blessings!

Dec 29, 2011, 06:35 PM
    So I am pregnant! How about the rest of you?
    dezd626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 12:10 AM
    I am going through the same thing right now. I had a full period from 12/11-12/18 & then a week later on 12/27 I had spotting/discharge but it only lasted for a couple hours. I am also having some signs of pregnancy. I've taken a couple pregnancy tests but they both came back negative, but I think it was too early then. My period was suppose to arrive on 01/08 but it didn't come & now it's 01/14. I am on birth control, & my ex & I didn't always use condoms, & the last time we had sex I was supposedly "ovulating" so I'm also wondering if I'm pregnant. Took another test earlier today but still negative. :/
    marilulu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 12:14 PM
    I have one week late but I ben sleepy a lot I pee a lot and I ben having this pain in my lower back and cramps but no period yet and this never hapend before
    marilulu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Hi I ben having this cramps and pain in my lower back but no period I pee a lot I sleep a lot this never happened to me before I'm scared
    moderngirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Marilulu,

I am having the same symptoms my last period was on 2/10 last intercourse was on 2/20 its now 3/14 and I haven't seen it yet. I noticed this brown discharge today and last week was experiencing lower back pain. I don't know if I might be pregnant I'm scared to take the test.
    mglpiano Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
    I am exactly one week late too, my boobs had been sore for a while now, I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or not cause it happened once before 2years ago that my period was few days late, and my boobs were sore, and got excited thinking that I might be pregnant but turned out it wasn't. Usually my period is exactly 28 days, I've been eating everything I wanted, not like I am super skinny or anything, haven't been working out as crazy as I used to, my work isn't stressfull at all, so I am kind of hoping this is the real deal. If not I'll just enjoy this summer vacation with working out and traveling :)
    mglpiano Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
    I still haven't seen my period. My last period was on 2/10 which was my moms birthday, and now its been 10 days late. All I experience is a sore breasts, I've been getting sore breasts well before my period. I've been tired but I know it is cause of my RA, fatigue has always been my issue. It was our first time to not use protection with my husband. I just want to know, either way I am happy. I am going to try pregnancy test in few days.
    courtneebaybee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 02:44 PM
    Last month I was 6 days late and bled for 2 days, now this month I am a week late today. Took pregnancy test and they came back negative. I don't know if its my period switching cycles or what... I have the cramps of a period but nothing yet...
    shortcakes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 10:53 AM
    I have been having the same thing, I expected my period on 5-23-12 but didn't come I spotted about 2 weeks before that, than I noticed my left nipple had some discharge which I still have. Than two days ago I notice very little blood in my discharge and than I had lots of white creamy discharge yesterday. Been cramping for about a week my boob are swollen and tender and my nipples are tender as well but its now the 29 of may and no period. Am I pregnant.
    redheadnsmtown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
    @marilulu I've been having the same thing. Ive been cramping since the 30th of may and was supposed to start on the 1st. Just cramped the whole way through I started today. Last month my period was only 3 days and it wasn't heavy just a little more than spotting. Apparently my mom spotted the whole time she was pregnant with me. Could I be pregnant?
    Shade321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
    I am having the same problem. I was supposed to get my period on the 6th and now it is the 15th I'm thinking if I don't get it by next week then I will take a test and if it's negative then I will wait to see if I get my period next month and if I don't then another test and maybe a trip to the doctor's.
    littlemiss12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
    Hi their I have what you got happening to u . But more confuesd I done one normal test and come back negative and then did clear blue one it was pos so you can see if I'm or not my period have got all sytoms but can't settle until I know for sure I get a new one this week try again I didn't no that drinks can affect hcg levels its in the leafet in pregnant box instruceions
    littlemiss12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 06:38 AM
    I've moody going too the loo during night time which normaly I don't hungry all time have been sick on and of bloating a week late on period which I'm normaly a 4 to 5day on . A 28 day cycle . Tender breast with white spots over the aerola and blue veins cover the top and sides

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, brown discharge.. Could I be pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 19 years old and I lost my virginity on December 10th. I had sex again on the 15th, and we used a condom on both occasions. Then on January 1st we fooled around without a condom, but he only penetrated once or twice, and didn't ejaculate inside me. I was due for my period on January 2nd....

My period is late again but not pregnant, HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

In October my period was a week late, in November my period was a week late, but in December is was right on time, and now in January it is late again. Can anyone tell me what is going on. Im 22 years old, and somewhat sexually active (im married :p ) I feel fine, but since October my husband and I...

No period in 1 week 1/2 what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on birth control for 2 years now. I had to stop taking the pills during the last month of January. A day before my period was supposed to come my boyfriend and I had sex using the pull out method. Now my period is 1 1/2 week late. I had taken two pregnancy test and they both came...

Period every other week [ 2 Answers ]

My brothers girlfriend has a period every other week. She is 20. She would like to know what could be causing it. This has been going on for some months now.

Late Period, Spotting, Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I'm new to this forum so please stick with me. I know this has probably been asked a million times but I am very confused and would like a little advice if possible? I am 28 and have been trying to conceive since April 06. My periods are ALWAYS bang on 28 days. I last had a period...

View more questions Search