Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mieshaneely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Putting a block on my child's social security number?
    Someone has been using my son's social for the past 2yrs. I think I know who it is I've filled out the form the IRS sent me and now I want to know what can I do to prevent them from using his social this year?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 04:12 PM
    You can not, You can put a lock on their credit reports though the agency, but you will have to go though this every year if someone claims them first.

Is it merely someone claiming them, or do they show income from them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2011, 04:14 PM
    What do you mean by a block? Did you ask the credit bureaus to report any use of the SSN? You can have them put a warning on any request for info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding social security number [ 4 Answers ]

:)Hello, I need to know what my child's social security number is for taxes. His card was misplaced during a move .

Child's social security number [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently misplaced my son's social security card. I need his number to get him on chip and I would like to get him a new card. Anyone have any ideas what company or number I should call to get info on how to replace his card. We are located in PA

Social Security Number (L1 to H4) [ 0 Answers ]

Need help on the below situation One of my friend had come to US on L1 visa and got social security number during her work. Then she went back to india. Now she is coming back to US but this time on H4 visa. So my question is can she use the same Social Security Number for H4 that she had...

View more questions Search