Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manwithaquestio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 02:22 AM
    Small, smooth lump on base of penis shaft
    I am a boy, 18 years of age. Three days ago, I noticed a small, solid lump about half an inch away from the base of my penis. The lump is just under the skin and I can pinch around the lump and squeeze it. It has no surface openings. It feels like a pebble and it does not hurt when squeezed. The only pain the is present would be the pain from squeezing the skin around it. I have had sex twice in my life and my last session was more than a year ago. Can someone give me insight to this lump of mine?
    gypsylou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 02:31 AM
    This could be a cyst, or a blocked hair folicle. Both harmless. Go to your doctor as it may need treatment
    manwithaquestio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsylou
    This could be a cyst, or a blocked hair folicle. Both harmless. Go to your doctor as it may need treatment
    I would like to avoid the doctors if possible.

Should I wait a month and see?

I would also like to add that the lump is not colorless. And by the lump being just under the skin, I meant it is not 1 mm under, but more like 2 to 3 maybe 4mm.

Additionally, the lump does not secrete any fluid or is there any indication of it's presence on the skin except the slight 'bump' and the lump it about half an inch in diameter and is seemingly in the shape of a sphere.
    hendot8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 02:30 PM
    I have the same similar problem, but my hard lump (no bigger than a ballbearing) is way down at the bottom of my shaft, I have to feel around in the scrotum to feel the shaft where is ''connects'' to my body almost. Its hard to find when soft but when erect it comes to the surface. I'm not sure what relevance it has in how far down /up the shaft this hard lump appears. Could any help with a diagnosis or any previous experience with this?
    quote Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2011, 11:44 AM
    I am experiencing a similar lump or growth it is upon the left side of my penis, though where the shaft meets my body, the lump is not hard, it feels spongey and it sort of protrudes if I am sitting and move the shaft to the right I can visually see a lump bulging up about 3 -4 MM above the normal higth of my skin, I can feel a discomfort down upon my left leg, inner thigh, and I am starting to believe this is not healthy.
    J12345678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Hi guys. I am 20 years old and have been to the doctors many times with penile/scrotum issues. I would strongly advise anyone who discovers any abnormalities (lump, ache, pain, rash etc.) to make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. It's usually an easily diagnosable, non-dangerous thing, but you must try and drop all fear and embarrassment and get it checked out. It's never as bad as you think, these doctors are professionals and have seen it all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on top of penis shaft [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I know there are a lot of posts about similar topics and they were all suggested to see a doctor. But I sort of have a similar issue here but different from what everyone has been saying. And I would really like some possible answers before I go see the doctor. For about maybe half to 1...

Small dark colored lump under skin of penis shaft [ 1 Answers ]

So as of today (I would have noticed this before today I like to look at it lol) I noticed a very small lump, dark colored/purpleish lump under the skin of my penis near the tip, but on the shaft. If you take a normal pen and look at the tip of it, the metal piece, its about half that size maybe a...

Lump on shaft of penis [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I notice a hardened spot on the bottom of the shaft of my penis, I put a little pressure on it and puss came out, like a pimple, so I thought it was that, but the lump has not gone down/ healed since popping it and now is sore. Anyone have any idea if this is serious or what it might...

Lump on the shaft of my penis [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 47 yrs old male.Two weeks ago I founda small lump on my penis on the left side.It is about the size of an eraser on a pencil,It is movable and solid a little hard .By touch it hurts a little.A few months ago I had one in my sac and it went away after a short while.If possible please can...

Confused bumps on my penis shaft and base. [ 1 Answers ]

Latley I have noticed bumps on my penis. On my shaft I've notice a lot of really small white bumps which I think may be Fordyce's spots. But around the base of my penis I've noticed bigger bumps, almost like zits. They are more red and a bit bigger. I've had the same girl friend for over a...

View more questions Search