Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AprilDugan1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 06:41 PM
    A few hours ago I used the same kit you did! Same results! The best thing to do is dye is Light Ash Blonde until its perfect!! Cheaper, Easier, Less aniexty!
    Junipiter86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 12:45 PM
    I have dark brown hair and am in the process of going blonde. I tried doing this once before and did so in ONE step with two bottles of clairol born blonde maxi... alas I turned out with really brassy ORANGE hair!! So don't do THAT like I did! If you want a less expensive route and don't want to go to a salon do what I did: slowly lighten your hair a few shades by bottle dyeing. Every 2 to 3 weeks lighten your hair. When my hair became light enough, I went straight to my born blonde maxi again and it worked like charm. l'oreal also has a brass banisher for about 10 dollars. It's a color balancing glass treatment and it works in under 10 minutes!! Thought this method may take you a month or so to achieve your desired "blonde"ness, it is well worth the savings on your piggy bank!! Hope this helps you guys!!
    laurieboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 06:30 PM
    I have had many shades of blonde both professional and done by myself. I have also gone from platnum to dark blonde.I have had both horrible and awesome results and I could have saved myself from many disasters if I had only had some patience and did a strand test.I won't tell you that you can't have great results at home as many of my bad colors were professionally done!
    johnDOESitwell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 11:57 AM
    Omg... have had a disaster, like literally my hair is now orange at the roots and brown everywhere else... omg DO NOT USE JOHN FREIDA PRECISION FOAM - IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!
    khadijajee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 02:35 AM
    I just dyed my hair, with born blonde maxi, twice and the roots and 2 inches down are what I want , but the rest are orange. Should I dye it a third time :O omg they are such liars they said any hair, color, and one application. ;) OMG HELP
    xXBunniiXx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Haha I'm trying to bleach my black hair blonde to also did a strand test and I'm using volume 30 people have been telling me to not use volume 40 but what choice do I have just have to dye it again with a higher volume but if you have orange I herd that a really good way to cancel out the orange is to dye it purple or use a toner that's the oppisite color of your hair.
    xXBunniiXx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Hello, I'm also trying to bleach my black hair to a somewhat platnium blonde color. I also have orange in mine but I herd a really good way to get the orange pieces out of your hair is to just dye it with purple dye or use a toner because purple and toner cancel out the orange. Other than that if you want to dye it to a blonde you have to just take some time and keep bleaching it but wait a few weeks before bleahing again, I'm bleachin mine about 3-4 times so that it gets a little bit lighter but have to be really careful of damaged ends breaking off but if you have those you could just cut them off or buy a special product that repairs the damaged ends.
    blueflame1008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
    I just bleached my hair.. and it is a ridiculous BRIGHT orange... its gross... well what do I do here... I have an extra hair dye (blonde) Should I wait until tomorrow to color it and should I do it tonight?
    tatiibabii9092 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 01:35 AM
    I've been there... what I did was use the splat bleach from walmart, it turned orange lol, then I went to sallys beauty supply and asked what to do and she told me to buy a violet based platinum blonde color and mix it in a bowl with volumizer. And it turned a really nice blonde, since it was orange it didn't go to the color on the sample(which was a white color) it turned a nice ash blonde.
    Seabear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 12:20 AM
    The reason why your hair came out orange is because the heat produced by your head wasn't enough. It reached your roots and made them blonde but the rest needed a little more heat. I suggest you just bleach again that should work but if you want to go for a toner try that, only that might take a few more steps to achieving the color you want. The best way to bleach hair at home is in sections using foil paper and a blow dryer. Also, once your hair is the color you want it to be you should buy some sun in (these are very cheap like $3, 4.) Spray and lighten around the face area framing the face, It'll help give you natural looking highlights so that your hair doesn't look so bleach blonde.
    MariyaS Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Feb 22, 2012, 09:15 PM
    That's what happens when your going blonde from dark hair. Your roots will always go the right color or at least the lightest because that hairs fresh & never been processed. Whenever you bleach you need to do the ends first & the roots a little later to get the processing the same. Since it did turn orange, as I'm in the same state right now ha you will have to bleach it another time or 2 with the best bleach sallys tells you about & do a 20 VOLUME developer, 30 & definitely 40 will ruin your hair easily. Don't bleach more than once every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks & use a deep condition Every time. Don't use ash blonde once your at the orange stage it will turn green or gray, definitely not blonde, which will leave more bleachin to do :( so dye it wit bleach again & wait a week or 2 if its not what you want, when you bleach it put it up in a plastic hair cap to seal in heat that processes it better. Also, when mixing the bleach add enough developer to make it as creamy as hair dye not foamy like the packages advises, it needs to be creamy, & u always need to keep it nice & soaked if any part dries out you need to soak it wit more bleach, if it dries out its not working. NEVER Leave bleach in for more than an hour or until you get the color you want whichever comes first! At some point you will need a toner unless you get it really close to the blonde you want then buy the blonde dye wit the shade you want it. HOPE THIS HELPS, Im in the orange stage right now 1 or 2 more bleachings to go :)
    jada23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
    My hair is originally black and I've bleached it and the result was good. Now I want to get back to black or at least dark brown but the result was awful.
    Some of my hair is orange! Or let's say brass. Any help would be appreciated
    Also, can I wash my hair with anything natural just to get raid of orange

Thanks
    natalie2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 07:45 AM
    This happened to me yesterday so I am going to go out and buy another bleach blonde cause I looks horrid walking round with blonde roots and the rest of my hair being orange x
    AngelofDeath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2012, 03:05 PM
    I suggest that if you really want to go blond after dying your hair color strip it the day before you intent to bleach it. Also if you have dyed your hair more then once(like I did) color strip it at least twice. Then bleach your hair the next day if it turns orange like mine did bleach it again and use heat on it the second time. Right after that use a conditioning toner(I suggest white out which is a bleach and toner duo) many say bleaching hair twice will kill it my hair is perfectly fine its still soft and it's a light blond now. And I had dyed my hair 3 types of black and once red this year so it was full of dye.
    PiercesGirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 02:45 AM
    I dye my hair a lot, and when I say a lot I mean A lot. My hair naturally is white (I'm german-Itallian), but I've dyed it many many colors. I dye it black a lot and I'm currently going back blonde, not for the first time. Good you got to the orange stage, When I first bleached it I used 40 vol. developer, though I highly recommend 3o vol. just because my hairs use to abuse doesn't mean yours is. What I do to get it back white after it's orange is this.

1: deep Condition my hair : Leave in all night rinse in morning and one in the after noon rinse after 3 hours, to prepare my hair. I highly recommend Aussie 3 minute miracle.

2. I use quick blue bleach and 30.vol developer at this stage. The developer is soy4Aplex by Clairiol.
    Quick white works well too, but if you want the best results get quick blue, it helps remove brassy tones. Always get soy developer, it's easier on your hair and works just as well.

When mixing the developer and bleach powder add some unred. Unred is a shampoo that removes and prevents brass colors. About 99 cents at sallys, and worth it.

3. Bleach it up and constantly check on your hair, don't lollygag.

4. When rinsing hair, and after bleaching make sure you use the right after care products, some I use are:
    Blond Glam: Redken Aussie 3 min miracle, Coconut milk shampoo, Coconut milk conditioner, Aussie shapmoo, Tressemee shampoo and conditioner, Purple shampoos and conditioners /blue (remove brass), Hot oil treatments, unred, Love inspires art, excite body wash by axe, and ion leave in treatments.

Hope this helps.

P.s.: My toner when I use it I use White out
    Shannen 09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Just happened to me yesterday! Lol
    Go buy an ASH BLONDE!
    angellynne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 10:59 PM
    An hour and a half is 90 minutes so 95 minutes is not that far of a stretch
    nikole11eleven Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 09:19 PM
    ANY ladies having this problem... do not fear! I did the same thing a few weeks ago and it was a simple fix :) I bleached my hair and it looked AWFUL... bright white roots with neon yellow/ orange length... have someone go buy you two boxes of Clairol nice and easy natural medium ash blonde #106- it came out BEAUTIFUL! Perfect medium beige blonde.. I can't express how relieved I was!
    This is a for sure fix!
    nikole11eleven Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikole11eleven View Post
    ANY ladies having this problem... do not fear! I did the same thing a few weeks ago and it was a simple fix :) I bleached my hair and it looked AWFUL... bright white roots with neon yellow/ orange length... have someone go buy you two boxes of Clairol nice and easy natural medium ash blonde #106- it came out BEAUTIFUL! Perfect medium beige blonde.. I can't express how relieved I was!
    This is a for sure fix!
    P.s... do NOT bleach again! it is not needed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you blend dark blonde roots with bleached blonde hair? [ 4 Answers ]

My hair is naturally medium/dark blonde. I've recently gone gwen-stefani platinum blonde and had toner put in to bring the color down to a more natural color. My roots have grown out for about 5 months now and so are really really noticeable. I Don't want to touch up my roots to match the bottom...

I have bleached, damaged hair with yellow/orange tint [ 1 Answers ]

I have treated my hair with bleach and a high lift color. My hair is sooooo white with a yellow tone that I want to tone it down A LOT by adding a darker blonde toner. Will adding the toner to my already damaged hair damage it more? 20 hours ago - 1 week left to answer. Also, any ideas as to...

From Bleached Blonde To Black Hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I have all nap'trual hair, I bleached it about a couple weeks ago (Plantinum Blonde) But I want to dye it (or rinse ) it BLACK. My question is will that harm my hair or Not? I want braids so it can grow more, but if I get it braided while its blonde the roots Grow out to fast. HELP a...

Bleached blonde to Black [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, well I have very light ashy blonde hair (fake of course). My natural colour is very dark blonde/brown. I'm really concidering dying my hair semi-perminant black but worried that it will look awful and wont come out - even though says washes out in 20 days. I have also bleached my hair so will...

Bleached blonde hair is now green [ 2 Answers ]

:( Someone please help with any advice I dyed my bleach blonde hair to a "dark blonde" and it turned green:eek: any advice is welcome, my email is EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY Thank you!! :D I need any advice on how to change it to a normal blonde or brown

View more questions Search