Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meena54 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 05:10 PM
    Digital, programmable Thermostat to replace mercury on Rheem RPLA-025JAZ
    I felt quite confident after doing this myself until I just realized that the heat pump never comes on (fan never turns in outside unit). I'm getting great heat but my first month's bill was very high. Am I totally running on auxiliary heat? How do I rewire the White-Rogers thermostat to correct this?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2011, 08:48 PM
    The model number of new stat. is needed, also tell us how you wired the tstat wires.
    Hold on to your install instructions and instructions as to how to program the tstat

Get back to us with more info

Dec 2, 2011, 02:58 AM
    White-Rodgers 1F78 5/2 Day Programmable Thermostat
    Wiring photo attached.
    Attached Images

Dec 2, 2011, 03:48 AM
    I think I figured it out. I have a thermostat that only works with one stage heating and my heat pump is two stage.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2011, 06:14 AM
    Good deal,, Yes you need a tstat with 2 stage heat and 1 cool
    On the 2 stage, one is for heatpump the other is for aux. furnace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am trying to replace a Rheem thermostat with a Honeywell digital RTH7500. [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a Rheem thermostat with a Honeywell digital RTH7500. The wires I have are: G - green R - red Y - yellow B - white X - brown W2 and E (jumped with a black wire) Can someone help me with the correct wiring? The manual doesn't tell for these wires.

Converting from Mercury Thermostat to Digital [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everybody, I hope you can help me with the problem I am having converting my old Trane Mercury thermostat model #3AAT80A1A1 to a Honeywell Digital thermostat model #RTH7600B. I currently have a multi-stage heat pump system. The Trane has wires that are connected to O, R, T, G, Y, B, W and...

Switiching from Mercury to Digital Thermostat! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five wire system. I have a green, red, white, yellow, and blue. This is an electric heater attached to the air handler and a separate air conditioning system. THis system was controlled by a Lennox mercury thermostat. Could you tell me what each color wire does? Example: Yellow...

Converting mercury thermostat to digital [ 2 Answers ]

We have an older home that we are renting. It has an outdated, unreliable mercury thermostat and we want to upgrade to a digital thermostat. I checked and all the wires are there as we have the heat and a/c. Is it OK to do that?

View more questions Search