Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DBees Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 04:16 PM
    2004 Honda Accord audio code
    I recently had my 2004 Honda Accord battery replaced. Now my radio just blinks the time and when I push the channel buttons the letters C O D E then Error 1,2,3, etc appear. I finally found out how to retrieve the code, but I don't know how to use it to reset the system. Please help!
    sashamarar Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 02:33 PM
    In your owners manual,there must be radio code indicated.other wise try to pass your local Honda dealer
    aaamobley3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DBees
    I recently had my 2004 Honda Accord battery replaced. Now my radio just blinks the time and when I push the channel buttons the letters C O D E then Error 1,2,3, etc appear. I finally found out how to retrieve the code, but I don't know how to use it to reset the system. Please help!

Hello. I am having the same problem now for my honda 2002 Accord. I replaced the battery. Where do you find the code or retrieve the code from. And have you found out how to reset the system. I am going crazy without the radio. Thanks
    Jennifer
    rcelctronics Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 03:10 PM
    I finally found out how to retrieve the code, but I don't know how to use it to reset the system. Please help!
    Once the incorrect code has been entered three times, the radio will enter into a lock mode. To reset the lock mode, leave the radio powered up and turned on for at least one hour. It should then reset and allow you to enter the correct code.
    trujillo714 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 02:31 PM

How did you retrieve the code?
    kr512 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 10:07 AM
    The code is located in the glove box.
    bradshire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Unlock 2004 Honda Accord EX radio

My car battery died, I had it jumped and restated, then I found the radio locked with the message 'COdE'.
    I managed to unlock it (for free) by taking the steps outlined below. As there are likely other methods, this worked for me, and my radio plays once again.

Instructions
    Things you will need:
    • Ignition key
    • Pliers or related tool (Removal of fuses if necessary, very easy)
    • Radio code (YOU MUST HAVE THIS)*

*If you don't have the radio code
    1. Place ignition key in the accessory position
    2. Press and hold preset buttons 1, 6 and the power button (all at the same time)
    3. A 'U' will appear followed by 4 digits (write them down)
    4. An 'L' will appear followed by 4 digits (write them down)
    5. These 8-digits make up your radio's serial number
    6. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/
    a. This is a Honda site and is free
    7. Enter your VIN
    8. Enter the phone number and area code that are registered to your car
    a. Most likely the phone number and area code given during the purchase of the vehicle (i.e. on the paperwork)
    9. If successful, you will need to enter the 8-digit serial number from step 5
    10. The site will provide your radio code (WRITE IT DOWN AND SAVE IT)

Once you have all required materials, follow these steps:

Step 1
    Once you see 'COdE' simply type the radio code by using the preset button numbers.
    If successful, the radio will beep and you are done!

Step 2 (If Step 1 unsuccessful)
    Try it again, you have up to 9 more attempts (10 total) to enter the correct code, so make sure you are typing it in correctly. You may also want to verify the radio code by repeating the 'If you don't have the radio code' section above.
    If you fail on all attempts the radio will lock and you will no longer see 'COdE' when turning the radio on. You will now see something like 'ERR'.
    This means that the radio is locked and will need reset.

To reset (use either option until you succeed):
    Option 1:
    Remove the negative terminal from the battery and let the system reset; reconnect the negative terminal. The radio should now display 'COdE' again. Repeat Step 1.

Option 2:
    Remove the radio fuse from the internal fuse box (fuse diagram is on the fuse box cover).
    Remove the 'Backup' fuse from the fuse box under the hood.
    After keeping both fuses out for a minute or so, replace them where you got them.
    The radio may engage and you will hear the CD player make a noise.
    Your radio should now display 'COdE' again.

Repeat Step 1 and hope for the best
    pmgannon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 08:06 PM
    I want to thank you Bradshire, and hope you get this message. We have had a recurring problem with corrosion on the battery terminals, so jump starts are recurrent. This time, there was only the 'err 2' message on the radio. [No clue what hubby did or tried to do.] I've since lost the code and thought I would have to spend way too much time at the dealer's getting this resolved. Also with money I did not want to spend on a silly problem. To make a long story longer, I would kiss you if at all possible! Your solution was exact and precise.Saturday morning we are picking up a puppy that is being transported from Kentuckey/Tennessee and though it's just an hour away, we wanted to be playing some inspirational tunes going and coming. Thank you, thank you!My 12 yr old and I adore you and your smarts!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda CRV audio code [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have recently changed my Honda 1999 CRV battery. The radio needs a code and I don't have this code. I called the dealer to ask for this code and they tell me that they need to take out the radio to look for it and it will be $70.00! UNBELIEVEBLE! Does anybody knows were I can find...

Honda Accord Audio code [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently changed my Honda accord's bartery. I forgot the code to enter for Audio. I have entered wrong code and it seems like it is locked. Now I found my audio code and I don't know how to enter. The preset buttons are not responding when press them to enter the correct code. Please...

95 Honda Accord audio code [ 3 Answers ]

Hi and Help, Had car in shop, battery was disconnected, have the audio code but don't have instructions for entering the code. The dealer wants $110 - not going to happen. Please provide instructions. I need my tunes for my 70 minute commute. Thanks

98 honda accord audio "CODE e" [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the battery on my Honda. Well the audio system disengaged and required a 5 digit code to reset. I obtained this code from the dealer. I entered the 5 digit code and nothing happens except shows "CODE e". The manual has little to say about this.. Anyone know?

View more questions Search