Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladylove25 View Post
    Wondergirl-they still follow traditions which are unblibical.
    Such as?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 02:05 PM
    For those who care, it was the Catholic Church that meet and decided what books are in the bible and which books was not.

It was the Catholic Church that actually protected the bible and keep it and copies it during the years when many tried to destroy it.

But heck what is a little facts when one wants to hate a denomination.
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Nov 28, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Oh my gosh... the only big difference between kjv and nkjv is some wording... as in nkjv uses some more modern language than kjv... just a random example might be saying "you" instead of "thou" or something like that... that's really the main difference in most versions of the bible... interpretation of the old texts... that's why most of the writing reads the same, but some verses are slightly different...

As to the man made comment... it is people who wrote every book in the bible... moses did so based directly at the word of God, but what about the rest? Now, I know this won't make you happy, but there is a reason they call parts of the bible "stories"... They are stories about the lives of people, written by people, for people... Man Made...

As I said though. I still believe... kind of like danny gokeys song titled "i still believe"... look it up, it's a good song...
    ladylove25 Posts: 100, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2011, 02:26 PM
    Wondergirl-such as false doctrines. Lutheran sacraments- "which teaches that God earnestly offers to all who receive the sacrament forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation. most of those churches still practice the "seven sacraments" of the Catholic, Anglican, and Orthodox Church".
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 02:36 PM
    wondergirl-such as false doctrines. lutheran sacraments- "which teaches that God earnestly offers to all who receive the sacrament forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation. most of those churches still practice the "seven sacraments" of the Catholic, Anglican, and Orthodox Church".
    I so wonder where you are getting your incorrect information. And no, "most of them" i.e. Lutherans don't have seven sacraments.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by solidzane View Post
    Oh my gosh... the only big difference between kjv and nkjv is some wording... as in nkjv uses some more modern language than kjv... just a random example might be saying "you" instead of "thou" or something like that... thats really the main difference in most versions of the bible... interpretation of the old texts... thats why most of the writing reads the same, but some verses are slightly different...

As to the man made comment... it is people who wrote each and every book in the bible... moses did so based directly at the word of God, but what about the rest? Now, i know this wont make you happy, but there is a reason they call parts of the bible "stories"... They are stories about the lives of people, written by people, for people... Man Made...

As i said though. I still believe... kinda like danny gokeys song titled "i still believe"... look it up, its a good song...

You can go here to look up many different versions of the bible if you want to compare words.

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Nov 29, 2011, 10:10 AM
    Wow I completely disagreed with everything you said haha. The NKJV and every version besides the KJV is incorrect and changes major parts. I completely disagree with the part where you said "the bible is man made." That is so not true. The whole bible is the words of God. I also believe everything in the bible happened. I have heard people say that Jonah and the whale wasn't an actual story that happened but it did. Luterans believe baptism saves you. They also believe you are suppose to confess your sins to a pastor/priest when the bible plainly says only to confess your sins to Jesus because Jesus is the only mediator between God and men.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" —1st Timothy 2:5

The new versions of the bible... the NKJV, the niv, etc... change James 5:16 to say that we are suppose to confess our sins and trespasses to each other... which is wrong. We only confess our sins to Jesus. One of the many reasons the new versions are so wrong. The lutheran church is definitely a cult. Because it goes against fundamental bible teachings. They believe in works for salvation. Any religious group that changes the plan of salvation is a cult. I'm not one of those people that are against other denominations for no reason, I'm against a lot of them because they preach unbiblical things.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 29, 2011, 10:31 AM
    Luterans believe baptism saves you. They also believe you are suppose to confess your sins to a pastor/priest when the bible plainly says only to confess your sins to Jesus becuase Jesus is the only mediator between God and men.
    That is totally not true. I have been a Lutheran since before I was born. Your source of information is incorrect.
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Nov 29, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Can someone just close this thread as the original question has been given several suggestions, most of which the asker has compltely disregarded... this thread has turned into a religious debate that is not showing our best sides...

There is no reason to continue debating since the asker is so set in her beliefs that she leaves no room for other possibilities...

As a final response to the asker from me. The king james version of the bible is only as correct as the translations from the original languages. If you really want to read the bible the way it was written and meant to be read, I suggest you learn hebrew and greek and any other languages originally used.

As I said before, the kjv is the one of several translations that king james of england liked the most and he declared it to be the "authorized" version. Simply because he lliked the translation into english. You are welcome to your beliefs, but please don't tell us that we are wrong just because we don't hold all the same beliefs as you do. Good luck in life.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 29, 2011, 11:04 AM
    And we don't have the original books that eventually became the Bible.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 29, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by solidzane View Post
    Can someone just close this thread as the original question has been given several suggestions,.
    I asked this two days ago, solid, but it was ignored, I ask that again too as I believe the same way you do,but I saw it coming before you did. OP is going around in circles, she loves the attention and has an audience which she probably never has anywhere else.

Wondergirl is probably nashing her teeth as well read as she is, at some of OP's off the wall responses

OK GUYS LETS CLOSE THIS BEFORE IT GOES ANY FURTHER, CURLYBEN WHERE ARE YOU

Nov 29, 2011, 05:07 PM
    I could really care less as I was just showing you why I disagreed. :) attention? Hahaha why would I want attention here? At this point you solidzane are just making up reasons as to why I am debating in "circles". Regardless you believe in what you want to believe in I am not anyone to tell you otherwise. If you think I am arguing in circles then why keep answering? All I was doing was showing my side of the argument. I am in no way angry or seeking attention that's just silly.anyways I still love you guys as god loves us all. By the way I never said you were wrong but disagreed in the things you said. Same goes for everyone. Good luck in your life and thanks for advice :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2011, 07:47 AM
    I saw all this coming, see my posts way back on page 2. :-)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2011, 09:02 AM
    I was going to close it, but was told to let it go on for a while. Closing this now. Thank you all for your input!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

Deck supports required [ 2 Answers ]

I have a current deck ,size 16' width x 12' out from the home, beams used were 8"x 12' on 16" centers. Supports used are 3- double 4x4 9' high from the ground. Question, I plan to put a aluminum roof covering over the deck, will these support beams be adequate Thank You

Why frims supports community [ 2 Answers ]

If a frim has $250,000, why it would like to support sporting, socail or entertainment events within the community rather than being spent on a financial project? Which one would improve the value of the firm or more benefitial company?

View more questions Search