Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMY SHARFMAN Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Convenience outlet
    Hi there.
    I live in an old apartment building and I have fuses in my apartment. My bathroom vanity light has the outlet attached to it. And my electrician says I need to replace the fuse box with circuit breakers run a wiremold into my bathroom to create a new outlet. I was wondering 1st does anyone know where I can find a light with an outlet attached? A nice one? Or also I was wondering how that present light is all hooked up. I know nothing about electrical work. I mean how is the current light working and the outlet that is attached to it. ( on it) . Is there a way the electrician can just create another outlet nearby the current light and I can also replace the light without him having to run a wiremold?
    Please help.. desperate. I need to change my bathroom light. Its cracked. And so as a result I need another outlet too.
    Thank you in advance
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Fixtures with the outlets builtin are difficult to find as they will be phased out, and are not manufacturered due to the need for GFI protected receptacles in bathrooms.

I had found a couple of websites that still sell them, review this previous post:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ht+with+outlet

But you would really do better having a new GFI outlet installed if at all possible.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Nov 23, 2011, 09:23 PM
    Your LANDLORD is responsible for this. Have you spoken to him(her)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfi outlet [ 6 Answers ]

I just moved into the house in May. I believe the gfi outlet was working when the inspector inspected our house, but it seemed soon after it stopped working. We tried to press the reset button just in case the test button was pressed and nothing happens (meaning it won't depress or anything). Just...

Grounding an Outlet [ 22 Answers ]

I am moving into an older house that has only 2-prong outlets. Some are 3-prong, but they are not grounded (I have a power strip that tells you if it is gounded or not). I found this at Ace Hardware....

GFI Outlet [ 1 Answers ]

Will a GFI outlet provide proper protection if it is installed in an existing 2-wire, 120 VAC electrical system?

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

Outside outlet problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello anyone, This is the first time I've done this so I hope I explain this O K I have an outlet on the outside of my home ,actually there are two, One in the front and one in the back of the house. Whenever I plug anything like Christmas lights or the swimming pool filter into either of...

View more questions Search