Nov 22, 2011, 03:30 PM
    How to find a person in West Africa
    Kelly Adams
    >Address Removed<
    Ghana-West Africa
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 22, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Honesty, a very good chance this is a SCAM.
    Care to share the backstory to all of this ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2011, 03:38 PM
    You really can't, are they suppose to be a US citizen or a citizen of Ghana ?

Why is it that you need to find them?

I will assume this has to do most likely with a dating scam since they have 1000's going on each week, using either fake or stolen ID's of people ( and sometimes ID of people they buy the ID off of) The stories all go like this, they fall in love with you, but
    1. are sick
    2. sick family
    3. don't need help but all of a sudden they are robbed, or in the hospital and a friend contacts you.
    4. but most often you send 1000's of dollars and all of a sudden they stop any contact with you.
    acemanfromkc Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2011, 03:53 PM
    I'm very concerned. Kelly is supposedly 31, I'm 58, her main concern is that she needs cash from me. Reports that her business, beauty salon recently burned and left her with nothing. We will be chatting on Yahoo messenger and suddlenly she goes offline with no excuse. Doesn't want check or money order sent, wants any money sent to be sent through Western Union with her post office box as the only receipent. I haven't sent any money, but each time she has requested it, I failed to do so and she became extremely angry with me.

Thanks for your help,
    Gray
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2011, 05:53 PM
    100 reg flags,

But main issue, of course they want western union since they can pick it up anywhere in the world, and often in most places without any real id, just tell them the name and the amount sent. Or they have a fake ID to use.

If you sent a check or money order it can be traced and a ID to cash it will have to be done. ** they can be arrested for fraud ( if their nation would do it) assuming they are in Ghana, that is where many frauds come from, but who knows where this person really is.

If they were poor with nothing, they would be glad to get money in any form or manner ( they can cash and have banks) So since they only want western union this is obvious a fraud.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2011, 07:06 PM
    Block her if you can. Let her get angry at someone else. COMMON SCAM.
    acemanfromkc Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2011, 03:39 PM
    I appreciate everyone's advice. I believe that without hestitation, this person is not genuine and can't be trusted. I feel better knowing others feel the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should the West have taken stronger measures to end apartheid in South Africa? [ 2 Answers ]

A rigid system of racial separation, known as apartheid, has been one of South Africa's darkest moments in recent history. The international community did little, until the 1990's, to persuade the National Party to abandon their apartheid like policies. Full question: Should the West (U.S. and...

At what age can a person leave home without parental permission in West Virginia? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, just wanting to know what the rules/laws are in West Virginia on when someone can leave home without parental permission. I know some states say 18, but can someone at 18 still leave even if they are still in school? Any advice would help, especially if you have a background as a lawyer. ...

How do I get investor for my mining company in west africa [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Gold and Diamond mining company in Liberia west africa. How can I get in contact with some international investors?

View more questions Search