Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdmd409 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Increasing the water flow of a Moen shower head
    I have just installed new bathroom fixtures, Moen brand. I have tried to increase the pressure of the shower head. I have taken out the O ring in the top and I have unscrewed the face of the head. I have not been able to remove the head or remove the plastic in the neck. I don't want to break it but am not sure which end to push to get to the water limiter.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 21, 2007, 04:21 PM
    The water saver's located just behind the threads in the shower head. Unscrew the shower head and pry it out and toss it. Regards, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Yea, what tom said. And... on most of the newer faucets they are starting to make the ports smaller so we can't undo what they did. How much water volume do you get with the shower head off the shower arm?

Feb 21, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    The water saver's located just behind the threads in the shower head. Unscrew the shower head and pry it out and toss it. Regards, Tom
    I assume you mean the threaded ended to the pipe and not the head where the water exits. At the outlet is a screw that seems to hold the face of multiple nozzles. I removed that, but couldn't dislodge the face. At the other end is an O ring in a plastic device with holes. I could not remove that easily, but think that is what you are describing needs to be removed somehow. Correct? Thank you.

Feb 21, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    yea, what tom said. and... on most of the newer faucets they are starting to make the ports smaller so we can't undo what they did. how much water volume do you get with the shower head off the shower arm?
    I have excellent flow. It is not a problem regarding pressure. It's the shower head reducing the flow.
    pkronfield Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2015, 04:21 PM
    These are very old posts. I have purchased a new (2015) Moen model 23016 "Banbury" shower head. There is a plastic "cross" in front of the oriface. Take a screwdriver and small hammer and knock off each of the four plastic arms. This will unrestrict the water flow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Slow to no water from shower head [ 4 Answers ]

I have checked the shower head and cleaned the screen. Taken apart the valve and checked the gaskets. Please help, what can I check next?:confused:

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

Water from my Shower Head [ 1 Answers ]

OK... I have a bathtub spout with a diverter on top. I pull up the diverter and water is diverted to the showerhead. But, when the diverter is down, some water still comes from the showerhead continuosly. I unscrewed the spout to check it. While the spout was removed, I turned on the water and some...

View more questions Search