Ask
    tntzee Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 12:11 PM
    Looking for the author of "the Invitation"
    The book is about 4 people who receive an annonomys invitation
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 12:36 PM
    Do you remember what the invitation was to? Was this a romance or a vampire novel or a mystery? Do you remember a character's name or where the novel took place?

Nov 18, 2011, 12:48 PM
    It is a spiritual book.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 12:52 PM
    Do you remember anything else about the invitation or the characters or the country it was in?

Nov 18, 2011, 12:56 PM
    4 people receive an invitation to go somewhere? And it turns out to be a spiritual journey with angels and demons
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 01:01 PM
    How recent is the book, and when did you read it? Paperback?

Nov 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
    I read the book in 2004, was paperback. The cover is white on the top like an invitation then black lettering in the middle and gold on the bottom. It is not the book by jude deveroux or orion.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 02:03 PM
    I wonder if it was a paperback that came out based on this movie from 2003:

Six people are invited to a remote island by a famous horror author, Roland Levy, for dinner and conversation. The only thing the people have in common is that they know Roland, although it turns out some have connections that aren't apparent. During dinner, Roland reveals that during a soul-searching expedition in the Andes, the local Indians poisoned him -- and he died. But when he was revived he saw the world differently and found the spirit within himself to become a better person. And now he wants to do the same for his six friends, who have been eating and drinking while he's been talking.

Nov 18, 2011, 02:13 PM
    Nope there are 4 characters only

Nov 18, 2011, 02:25 PM
    Wondergirl, Good news I found it. The author is Nancy Moser and it looks like she has turned this book in to a series with two other books that now follow. Thank you so much for your assistane. Read this book if you get a chance. Very uplifting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 02:32 PM
    I'm stumped. I've searched with all combinations of keywords on Internet in general, on Amazon, in Powell's, and in WorldCat. Either the book was available for a very short time or the title was not what you say (some variation of that maybe).

If you think of another hint or two, please post that.

Meanwhile, you can call or visit your library and ask for reader's advisory help, but I'm not sure where else they could look.

**ADDED*** I just saw your post. Will be sure to read this book! (I had skipped over that one on Amazon because the cover wasn't what you had described... I should know better than to do that after 30 years working in libraries. *sigh*)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

"The Absence" of title and author [ 1 Answers ]

In the early 80's I read a book that I THINKwas called "The Absence". The premise is this: A girl is away at a boarding school in France. She is called to the headmistresses office who tells her that her Mother had been killed in a car wreck and had left no money for the girl to continue on at the...

I need the author name to "American Pchyco" [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the athors name who wrote "American Pchyco"

View more questions Search