Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gonzogirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl22
    Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along with a sore lower back. I have read so many things and people saying such different things. Has anyone over had a pregancy test come up negative and later take one and have it be positive? Or have you ever talked to anyone who has? I am starting to get really confused as to why my period is now almost 3 weeks late and negative pregnancy test. Advice please!!
    I am in the same boat as you! My period was suppposed to come 2/05/07 and NOTHING! I took 4 HPT and negative result on all of them. I have 4 girls and my period is like clockwork!! I have NEVER in my life skipped or missed a period unless I was pregnant. I am so confused with what is going on with me right now. I went to the clinic to take a test there and it was negative, that was on the 13th. So today is the 11th day late, no signs of a period and I am just left in limbo! It is the worst ever! I would swear that I am pregnant, but the tests say no.
    girlygirl22 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 08:53 AM
    So just a little update. I could have sworn I was pregnant but nope! I got my period almost 2 and a half months late, yesterday. Hope everyone gets the results they want... good luck!
    gonzogirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 10:02 AM
    So just a little update. I could have sworn I ws pregnant but nope! I got my period almost 2 and a half months late, yesterday. Hope everyone gets the results they want....good luck!
    Oh my... well, I am just waiting for my period to come now! It is so strange how our bodies change and do these things to us!! Thanks for the update, I guess mine is on its way!
    unique Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along with a sore lower back. I have read so many things and people saying such different things. Has anyone over had a pregancy test come up negative and later take one and have it be positive? Or have you ever talked to anyone who has? I am starting to get really confused as to why my period is now almost 3 weeks late and negative pregnancy test. Advice please!!
    There are several reasons your period can be late. IM going to give you a couple of reasons,but I advise you to seek medical attenion. A change in your eating habits,began or increased exercise? STRESS, HEALTH concern or PREGNANCY.Since you are unsure about your missed period and its never late.I ADVISE you to seek medical attention. I hope whatever reason the doctors give you is a positive one that you can either except, fix or change.As I close if your sexually active ,remember protection is a good ideal ,but no intercoarse is always the best way to save yourself from unwanted pregnancy and diseases if your not married.FAREWELL and GOOD LUCK.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 11:13 AM
    I know how frustrating it can be, esp when you are a couple months late, and you don't think there is any other possibility. BUT it'll happen eventually. (I got preggy just a couple months after that happened to me)Sorry to hear it didn't happen for you this time around. Better luck next time!
    sapphire314 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I'm also in this same situation and am glad to read that I'm not going through something abnormal. My last period was 42 days ago - making me 2 weeks late. I've had 3 negative HPT's. We're not "trying" to get pregnant at this time, but it's not a ludicrous thought if I am. And it is rather odd for me to be late as I have never skipped a period. Even when I'm under a lot of stress I still have a period - a bit lighter than normal, but I still have it. And like clockwork, my period comes about 4 weeks (give or take a few days) apart and lasts exactly 7 days. It's been this way since I was 12 (I'm 27 now).

Currently, I'm not under any more stress than normal, my weight hasn't fluctuated drastically (a few pounds over the holidays), I exercise at the same amount as I have been for the past year. But for the past 2 weeks my moods have been an extreme rollercoaster from super angry to really excited and happy to bawling my eyes out. I usually have pretty bad PMS, but never to this extent. I have all of my normal symptoms of PMS except for 1 thing - my breasts are not tender. My breasts always hurt before my period starts. But they don't right now. The only things that are not right for me is that I'm more tired than I normally pre-period, I have cried at pretty much everything the past week, and I've had nasuea every evening after dinner.

I know that thinking about it releases chemicals that can delay the period. But my question to the other women who have experienced this. How do I just "stop worrying"? Isn't that easier said than done? And if I'm not pregnant, then why all of the sudden, after 15 years of having one, would my period just skip?
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
    You should see your doctor and ask him to take a pregnancy blood test, that will show any rise in your hormone level, to indicate pregnancy or not. Good luck.
    Lissaboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
    To GirlyGirl22:I am now 13 days late and got a negative result on an HPT at 9 days late and am having the same symptoms.. I know how it feels when all these people tell you.. "you're stressing your period away" and like you said.. I wasn't stressed I just wanted to know.. either come on with the period or let me know I'm pregnant so I can prepare..
    Just like you I don't have insurance and to that remark made about "if you can't afford a blood test you can't afford a baby"... no offense but if she wanted your input on how she should live her life then she'd ask.. she just asked if you thought she might be pregnant, not what your views on child bearing & the costs.It just irks me to hear people say things like that, it's really judgemental and not your place.
    Other than that I've been getting the Same answers and it won't change LoL I still don't know so I'm just going to wait it out.. as long as I can until I can go get a blood test.
    Good Luck!
    impreza Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 01:13 PM
    When I was pregnant with my second child I did about 10 pregnancy tests which were all negative.
    ShyGirl07 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
    I know for a fact that it is posible, considering I am 16 days late or 2 weeks and 2 days I took a pregnancy test 4 days ago and it came out negative. I am waiting until another 5 days which will make it 3 weeks to try to take another one, and yesterday I went to the doctors to have a blood test done to see if I am pregnant.
    kayleigh1989 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Its happened to lost of people the best thing is to go to your doctors for advice to me it sounds like you are pregnant an you should ask your doctor to take one for u
    demminggo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 08:45 PM

I am wondering if any one else has ever gone 56 days without a cycle, taken three negative tests and still been pregnant? I saw some of the answers to this question but how often does it really happen?
    jnikkie286 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you as of now I am 2 weeks late with my period and took 2 pregnancy tests and the both of them came back negative and I have never been late I'm always on target with my periods? What is going on I'm starting to get worried.. please keep me up to date on what's going on with you it would very helpful
    Thank you...
    jnikkie286 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 11:00 AM
    I was not trying to get pregnant. I am 3 weeks late for my period and have had very very light brown discharge when I wipe yesterday and the day before but today it went away. I am taking another pregnancy test at home tomorrow to see again because last week on Sunday morning I took one and it was negative. But I was writing becuase I really think I am pregnant and wanted advise as to symptoms and what not. Thanks.
    I'm in the same boat as you as of now I am 2 weeks late with my period and took 2 pregnancy tests and the both of them came back negative and I have never been late I'm always on target with my periods? What is going on I'm starting to get worried.. please keep me up to date on what's going on with you it would very helpful thank you
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 3, 2008, 10:12 AM
    I am in the same boat-kind of. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 9 1/2 months. I am almost 3 weeks late and I am still getting negative results with the HPT's. I have had little cramping-and have been extremely emotional these past couple of weeks. Best of luck to you, either way you want the results to turn out. Personally... I hope I get two pink lines very soon!

-Ashley
    mamab3ar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I'm very healthy, both physically and mentally, and am very regular. My last period was on July 12 and I was supposed to have my period Aug 9. That makes me 7 days late (1 week late). I believe that we conceived between July 23- July 28th (when I was ovulating and when my husband and I had sex).

I took a pregnancy test on Aug 11th morning, an EPT brand, and it showed a slight, light plus-sign (on the EPT's, you have to have a PLUS sign). Because of how faint it was, I went and purchased the First Response Pregnancy Tests (heard that this product can detect the smallest amount of hcg compared to other products on the market) and three came in the package. On the same day that I took the first of three First Response test sticks, I saw two lines, one was fainter than the other. That was at about 130PM in the afternoon.

So, I decided to wait until the following morning on Aug 12 to test again. It was another faint line alongside the darker line (test line). So I waited again until Aug 14. Another faint line alongside the darker line (again, two lines, indicating that I am pregnant).

I went to Planned Parenthood on Aug 16 at 1230PM and was to get a blood test (costs $35 for a blood test at Planned Parenthood) because I heard it was more accurate and could test for more levels of hcg. But, the lady said that if my home pregnancy tests showed positive, than I was. I asked her that I wanted to confirm it and so she first offered the urine test. I didn't ask them what brand of a urine pregancy test they were using, but I'm thinking that they have the best on the market, right?

So, guess what? That urine test at Planned Parenthood showed negative! But you want to know why? It's because I was already drinking water all morning (I had a big Evian 1L bottle of water with me!). I said to myself, "It's going to be too diluted for it to show any enough of a level of hcg, right?" I'm no doctor, but I have been reading a lot online and know that the best time to take pregnancy tests is the moment that you wake up in the morning.

I still believe I am pregnant, but I have to admit, she kind of worried me. So, she called in another lady to draw my blood and I asked that lady and she even agreed that by looking at the urine of mine, it was way too diluted. Now I have to wait until Wed, Aug 20, to call them and ask if the blood test showed that I was pregnant.

In the meantime, I am going to take another pregnancy test, actually, three more HPT's and find out on my own. I've never been late like this and I just have this intuitive feeling that I am. I'm going to stay positive and pray for the best. So, tomorrow on Aug 17th, the moment I wake, I am going to take the Clear Blue test that shows actual words "Pregnant". Then, I am also going to do another First Response in that same urine flow.

Aug 18, Monday, I will do it again, but with only the First Response.
    Aug 19, Tuesday, I will do it again in the morning, but with the Clear Blue test.

I will let you all know what happens and keep track of everything here for those of you going through the confusion of knowing.

This will be my first child if we are pregnant and I'm not stressing over it at all. I will continue to take my prenatal vitamins (I'm taking the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System Brand - food-based) and continue to eat well because quite frankly, I know I am pregnant.

I believe positive thinking totally helps and having faith does, as well.

Now, if I get my period, I will still be OK with it. Again, being 35 can also be a factor as to why I was surprised by the ladies at Planned Parenthood. I don't think I will be going back there again, though. I'm going to get set up with my Gyno and have him help me through this.

Best to all of you trying to have a child. And to those that are not ready yet, I hope that you get the results that you desire.

Hope this helps...
    Deada Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Hi I am 24 and have two children and going through the same thing but instead of being 2 to 3 weeks late I am 3 and a half month late. I did every research possible to find out what was going on and none add up (not even to an ovarian cyst) and the doctors couldn't explain the symptoms. I had every symptom of pregnancy that you could imagine found out I had an ovarian cyst which isn't bad for it goes away with your mentraual only problem I wasn't having one until now. So my only advice is to go see your ob/gyn to rule out anything minor to major so you would be at ease and better to deal with whatever the result. Also it could just be too early to test.
    nessaj30 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 09:08 AM
    I am 3 weeks late and have taken like 4 tests, 3 were negative and one was a faint positive.. But after I had a faint positive, I had a negative. So I'm really confused. I also have type 1 diabetes and didn't know if that could somehow change my levels in my urine to make them be negative when they were actually positive.. Is there anybody out there with type 1 diabetes that has any answers for me?
    Haynes89 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 08:12 PM

Im curious as to if you were pregnant or not? I am sort of going threw the same thing
    nessaj30 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 08:35 PM
    I find out tomorrow.. I went to the doctor and got blood work done.. I will let you know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Causing a negative pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I a supposed to leave for Basic Training next week... A few weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, had a d&c, so I a no longer pregnant. However, my hcg levels are still being detected by a pregnancy tests. Is there anything I can drink or do to get my hcg levels to drop back to normal more quick?...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

I might be pregnant but the recent test was negative [ 1 Answers ]

The last time I had sex with my now exboyfriend was around the first week of December. About a week later I had a full normal period which was 7 days long(normal). I started my current period Wednesday and by Friday I was no longer bleeding, not even spotting. :confused: This has never...

View more questions Search