Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammi1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 03:17 PM
    My seven month old chiauaua won't eat or drink water what is wrong?
    My dog has not wanted to drink or eat water he has slept and hidden from us the past few days and when I tride to put food in his mouth I noticed that his mouth was cold and drying out I really don't know what is wrong.
    Dog_lover123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
    I think you should take him to the vets because as he's quite young still they noramlly tend to eat anything they find, don't worry too much if you take him vets I'm sure they will find out what's wrong, if you want in the mean time try and make him at least drink water because that's quite important x :D hope this helped
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 03:28 PM
    It sounds like it's time to visit the doggy doc-doc. Please take him to a vet.
    Lovemeluv Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2011, 10:51 PM
    Sounds like Parvovirus. Be sure to keep him hydrated and take him to the vet.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2011, 12:17 AM
    At 7 months it could be that he is in pain from teething and simply doesn't want to eat because he knows it's going to hurt.

Are there any other symptoms other than lack of desire to eat and hiding when you offer food? If he is not drinking I would give some pedialye to get his hydration levels back up. Dehydration is a dangerous spiral, the dog doesn't drink, then feels sick so doesn't eat and in turn doesn't want to drink again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't eat or drink anything. What could be tI have a 5 month old pit bull puppy. [ 2 Answers ]

5 month old pit bull puppy won't eat , drink's very little water, vomiting. What could be the problem?

He will eat the food, but will not really drink the water [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Bianca. I have a 8 week alaskan terrier mixed wit a chiwawah. He will eat the soft doggie food, but really wont drink water. He stills plays alot, and pees normally. He goes 2 get his shots this thursday. But i dont have any idea of how 2 get him2 drink more, Please help. Hes my...

View more questions Search