Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magnum_pi05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 10:37 PM
    I'm pregnant and my boyfriend just broke up with me
    He broke up with me and I'm almost 2 months. I don't have anyone to see or talk to, I'm scared, I'm alone, I don't feel like being here. I need help what should I do?
    carherine Posts: 46, Reputation: 9

Feb 21, 2007, 12:17 AM
    OK look I know what your going through my boyfrind left me too I am 7 weeks and 1 day go to the hospitle and get seen tell them you pregnant and the might do a oltra-sound and when you see you baby it will make it all go away just keep in mind that you are never alone that you will always have your baby keep me updated thank you
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 07:34 AM
    I am sorry to hear about your situation dear. It's a very vulnerable time for you. Do you have any family or friends nearby? Your baby can bring great amount comfort to you at this time, and can help you bond deeper with your baby. But I understand it can be very terrifying and lonely, facing the prospect of raising baby alone. You can always chat with people on this site if you need some support of advice. Also, you could talk to your doctor about your situation, perhaps they know of a pregnancy/new mommy group that you can meet new friends to talk with and share pregnancy expereinces with. Also, if things don't look up for you, and you don't feel that you can support baby on your own, financially or emotionally, you have the option of adoption. I am sure you will do wonderfully though. I bet that you are a strong and smart young woman, and a great mommy. Just remmeber to not ignore your limitations( we all have them) and take time for yourself when you need it.. I hope all works out for you.
    newmommy26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 12:10 AM
    When I was about 2 months pregnant, I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me. He promised me he would change but he didn't. It was really hard to cope with the fact that he could do that to me and his child. I ended up leaving him shortly after, even though it killed me. My friends that were pregnant all had their boyfriends supporting them, and I felt like they were laughing at me (even though they werent). I knew if he was cheating on me it wouldn't only harm me, but potentially my child. I went through MAJOR bouts of depression (hormones are already crazy during pregnancy, and this didn't help). I am now 8 1/2 months pregnant and I am finally happy and excited about my daughter. I understand that she is a blessing, even if he is NOT lol. I have not talked to her father since we broke up but in the end, if they aren't going to support you, its better to be away from them. I'm not saying that you will "get over it" soon, I know I didn't, but it will get better. I think what really made me happy was feeling her kick. I realized I wasn't as alone as I thought I was. I hope this helps because if I can help anyone going through what I went through (which is horrible) then I feel like I have made a difference.
    Yagita Posts: 17, Reputation: 7

Feb 26, 2007, 12:55 AM
    I'm sorry you feel alone but you're not. Really, if nothing else for the time being, talk to us. Tell us how you are doing. Do you have any family near by?

Guys are funny that way. I'm afraid it takes for the baby to actually be here for some of them to get the message. Then hopefully they will want to be involved in the child's life.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 26, 2007, 11:34 AM
    You must be feeling really low at the moment, but many women bring up babies quite successfully on their own. Yes it will be hard for you, but you can do it, your boyfriend may just change his mind later, I know that doesn't excuse him leaving you when you need him most,I wish you all the luck in the world. There is always someone on here willing to listen to you.
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
    I can assure you that I know how you feel-i was 3 months pregnant when my husband filed for divorce. I'm in the military so I'm stationed away from family and had just moved to another base where I knew absolutely no one. It was difficult-i'm not going to lie. But as hard as it was, we both made it through unscathed. And you'll do fine too. You just got to reach down and muster all the strength you can and tell yourself that you can do this. It's amzing how much that little baby growing inside you will make you want to be the best mom you can be. And you will be. Just take it all one day at a time--it will be hard, but it will definitely pay off in the end when your holding that little one and you'll forget about everything else in the world.
    mimi25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 01:58 AM
    I totally feel what you say, I am seven weeks pregnant , my boyfriend and I where together and had un resolved issues with the ex who had moved to the uk, as soon as the ex found out that I am preganant she left her work in the uk to come back to sa to patch things up with my baby daddy, now my boyfrien feels he is court between his promises that he made to her and me and the baby, it is tooo much for me, so I decided to end things between us, I feel crappy, cause I love him, but I just couldn't pretend as if we OK, so all the best girl its tough really tough , I hope it gets better before I sink to rise no more.anon
    sleepy49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 04:24 PM
    Me and my boyfriend just broke up because of the fact we were talking about having a baby. Now I'm confused because I don't know if I am pregnant or not but he has left me and he doesn't want anything to do with me. I wanted to kill myself that night. Just the thought of if I am pregnant my baby needs me and I shouldn't take our lives because of what his father did. If I'm not pregnant I messed up an perfect relationship but I guess that just means he wasn't really meant for me. Wish you the best I really hope I'm pregnant. My baby will give my life a purpose. Be strong.
    pregmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 07:33 AM
    I am pregnant too 6 1/2 months and I just found a text in my boyfriend's phone from a girl say " when we started dating......" to mean he was in a relationship with her and has photos of her on his phone at his house in his bedroom!! Wearing his T-shirt!! H I asked him about all this and he said he is just friends with her... she knows about me being his girlfriend but doesn't know I am pregnant... I am confused... should I leave? I lost my job last month and he is paying all my bills, if I leave am not sure he will... what do I do? He says he loves me and will never leave me for any woman
    mommytube11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Same thing happened to me last night I'm 20 me and my boyfriend had been together for 5 yrs... and he broke up with me and I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant. Im sorry , and right now I'm def. feeling you pain. This really sucks.
    Kiramaria16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 11:21 AM
    Im sorry I can't feel to sorry call me old fashion but me and my husband have been together for three years and Im twenty three and I tell friends either get on the damn people an have the guy wear the condom or wait till your married instead of spreading your legs without protection and hoping that the man your with will stick around and not get knocked up I have a child who is a year old and I know in my heart and what I see my husband loves his little girl with all his heart
    So sorry no sympthay for women who put themselves in these situation but I hope things work out for you and hope you have a strong support system.
    carol4ug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 12:04 AM
    It's a verytrying period, He broke up with me when I asked if he was cheating on me, he said no but it was over, he however had a change of heart and came back to me but now I know it was for sex and I had stopped using the Nurva ring when he left,I found out am 3weeks 5days pregnant, 6 days ago he just stopped talking to me oh returning my calls. Am an emotional reck literary, I have no appetite, I regret some choices I made in the relationship, (I never cheated) but I wanted to sometimes know where he was just like he asked me but he hated it. Am 33 and he just turned 31. I told him I was pregnant, no answer.
    deborah31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 09:40 AM
    I am 18 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend just broke up with me last night and he tells me he still loves me but, I don't really believe him. He told me that he has been flirting with other women and that he does not want a relationship right now and that he is not stable enough to be in one. Then why did he get me pregnant? He wants to be in the baby's life at all times but, it is just making it harder on me. What do I do??
    gettingthrough Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 04:59 AM
    First of Kiramaria - you sound like a smug and heartless individual and after reading about the emotional troubles of some of the women who write on this post your vile rhetoric has made me happy I do not know you. Please don't write any more of your vicious nonsense. I am in a stable relationship with the man off my dreams - we both have very successful businesses and work together brilliantly (he is 42 and I am 36 - we are not children). However, since I have an unplanned pregnancy (yes - they DO happen thank you very much) he has decided having already been a father to 2 children from a previous relationship that he does not want to go through parenthood again - in fact he was just getting ready to retire and now this has happened. I of course refuse to give my baby up so our relationship has ended. I am devastated and like all the other women who write on these posts (aside from you - as you are completely without compassion) I am feeling vulnerable, frightened and rejected. I wouldn't wish this to happen to my worst enemy - what should be the happiest time of your life turns into a living hell. So stoop judging us and climb back under the rock that you crawled out of. To all the other amazing ladies out there, well done for being strong and I wish you all the very best xxxx
    pregnant women Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
    "My Situation is kinda different, Me and my husband got married not too long ago, and a month after our wedding we found out that we conceived, Now" before we got married, we were on and off, while he and I was off He went after few (women), He acted as if he fell in love with these other women. it hurt me so much, while we were on and off we basically, Had 2 miscarriages, and that broken me apart." in our relationship is always been me the one kicking him out! all the time when i get mad, at him and see unusual behavior, like somethings up! I automatic just say to Him leave!! so what has happen now is that I kicked him out yesterday! and He really left usually other times when i do kick him out he fights to stay he says no your pregnant and im not going to leave my family but yesterday it was different, Like leaving sounded like a good idea, for him... he still acted as if he was the victim, stating to me you really want me to leave i don't want to go and me being mad and sad i said yes i do. and he left...He left to hes mothers home, and it killing me because 1, im pregnant and 2, we just got married not too long ago, I really do love him so much like i do need him to be here for me and be supportive now that im pregnant were still married, we got married threw church. so i dont know what to even think at this point im like really depressed. the reasons why i kicked him out is that 1st before we got married he used to smoke pot something he stopped while being with me , but after work i have noticed hes eyes really read and he often acts different at times which makes me wonder if hes even sober of anything, so i question him, another thing is that i feel as like hes always lien about stuff, like my problem is that i do love him but theirs always questions not being answered he does everything for me, like goes to the store for me comes home everyday on time he always rubbing the belly kissing the belly, but sometimes i feel like hes not showing me enough love like a inlove husband would show to hes wife, my birthday is also coming may 30 and he left yesterday tuesday i have an appoitment there going to tell me the gender of the baby, im so excited but at the same time hurt and confused, he hasnt called, since he left yesterday and he took all of hes stuff to hes mothers house. :( was i over reacting in kicking him out? like is this normal for me to have a trust issue with my husband still after being married you think if he does love me and wants to be here for me and the baby you think he would of fought to stay here instead of leaving??? pls help!!, . "
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 13, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pregnant women View Post
    was i over reacting in kicking him out? like is this normal for me to have a trust issue with my husband still after being married you think if he does love me and wants to be here for me and the baby you think he would of fought to stay here instead of leaving??? pls help!!, . "
    Yes, I believe you overreacted in kicking him out. For what reason? Because you were angry with him? You are off to a bad start in marriage if you are going to kick him out every time you get upset. I would strongly suggest marriage counseling so that the two of you can learn better ways of dealing with disagreements and disappointments.

It sounds as though he was only seeing other women when the two of you were broken up. If that is the case, he had every right to see other people if you weren't together. Certainly I can understand you being hurt by it, as no doubt you were expecting him to be focusing on wanting to be back with you.

You are repeating the same dance over and over again expecting to have a different outcome. It isn't going to happen. Do not set yourself up to be disappointed when he doesn't say what you want him to say, or act in the way you hope he will. He didn't respond how you wanted him to and now you are mad at him for it? You kicked him out, remember? He even asked you if you meant it and you told him yes! So why are you expecting anything different?

I understand your thought process, it is not uncommon for some women to do the same sort of thing, but you need to realize how unhelpful it is and how it really doesn't give you the results you are hoping for.

Now you do what you can to apologize for causing this situation to get out of hand. Tell him that you love him and want to work at making the relationship better. Let him know that you realize that you were wrong for telling him to leave when you should really have been working with him to fix what needs to be sorted out in the relationship.

You are going to have disagreements... you are going to have plenty of them in your marriage. Best to learn how to deal with them in a way that strengthens your understanding of yourself, and strengthens your marriage instead of tearing it down.
    reneethomas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 11:54 AM
    Me and my boyfriend just broke up we were together for 2 years. You would think once they reached a certain age he's 38 that they would take being responsible more seriously. Its hard cause I have a 7 and 10 year old already. To only wait 7 years and think the right one has come and for him to only leave you me and carrying his child. I don't know what men think sometimes. What if we just walked away well how could we I wish there was someway to make the men go through the ups and downs of pregnancy maybe it wouldn't be so easy just to walk away. To all the pregnant woman who men left you while pregnant keep your head up and pray it gets easier.
    reneethomas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiramaria16 View Post
    I'm sorry I can't feel to sorry call me old fashion but me and my husband have been together for three years and I'm twenty three and I tell friends either get on the damn people an have the guy wear the condom or wait till your married instead of spreading your legs without protection and hoping that the man your with will stick around and not get knocked up I have a child who is a year old and I know in my heart and what I see my husband loves his little girl with all his heart
    So sorry no sympthay for women who put themselves in these situation but I hope things work out for you and hope you have a strong support system.
    People make their own choices so stop being judgemental, nobody is asking for your sympathy, These days marriage don't mean nothing to People, Married or not doesn't give a man the right to walk away from his part of the responsibility. Both people are both equally responsible for the consequences of their actions. Your basically saying its OK for him not to be responsible because you as a woman should have made him use protection. That sounds crazy, what if you got pregnant right now and your husband decided he didn't want to be married no more and leave you pregnant what you gone say oh well at least we were married. Again Married or not its his child do and he needs to be just as responsible regardless of how the child was conceived. Get your mind right!
    Jenny_21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 09:18 AM
    Im 14 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend broke up with me also. It hard because I still see him everyday at school, he come to visit me everyday and make sure I'm eating. He say that there no hope for us as in a relationship but he say maybe in the future we be together. Today before he left the house he hug me and told me that I'm really special to him but he is doing the right thing for us. How is the right thing for us, I want to be with him. He told me he going out with another girl, and I see him text so much with this girl that break my heart more knowing that he talking to someone else and who knows even having sex. I feel like there a knot in my stomach. I try to eat but it hard I don't know what to do I don't have any family or friends. He was my everything my friend my lover and my man but now I have nt. I'm trying to be strong because I don't want to get sick I want my baby to be fine but when I eat I trow up I don't know what to do. My heart feel so heavy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke up because of his parents [ 4 Answers ]

Today, my boyfriend with whome I've been with exactly 1 year 3 months and 9 days, we ended our relationship today because we decided it would be best not to hurt each other. His parents are Muslim, but it seems like it wasn't so much their religion but rather their family social status that...

Broke [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my job and I'm broke need money can I get my money from my 401 k I only worked their 2 years and don't have any other 401 account?:( :confused:

Broke up [ 3 Answers ]

Okay... well me and my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up two months ago.. we were on and off though but we were on for like 6 months and I love him so much.. I just kept breaking up with him because I didn't want to get hurt again... but I am in the same boat hurt again... he won't talk to me...

I broke up with my girlfriend [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know what my problem is but I broke up with my girlfriend of 1 year. I love her and I think I'm in love with her so I don't know where we went wrong. I know that we both want different things in life. (i.e. family, kids, etc) She wanted to work things out but I didn't.. . why? Why? I...

C$ Broke ? [ 6 Answers ]

Apologies if this is on the wrong board but here goes... Our network is some 6.5, 5 Netware and Windows 2003 boxes, everything is in eDirectory and Zfd management agent on all machines and we use Group Policies delivered by Zen. I use the C$ every now and then to move files etc.. But for...

View more questions Search