Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Britman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 04:32 PM
    Thermostat -- reading vs. indoor temp
    Several times I have noticed that the thermostat reads current temp as 12 degrees above what it is outside, is this right as there is nothing on at the time in my house producing heat? Is my thermostat faulty or does my house hold heat? Example temp outside 64f temp in my house 78f. I don't understand why this is.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 04:52 PM
    Place an accurate thermometer next to the thermostat. This will tell you what the true temp is at the thermostat. Many things will heat a home. Body heat, electronics, sun, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A small indoor pond (approx 30gal) room temp is 70 C. What's the water temp? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm putting goldfish in a pond and need to make sure the temp is adequate for their survival. The room is a approx 30 x50ft 20 ft ceiling. The amount of water is the only thing I'm unsure of, but it's approx 30-50 gal.

Accurate Temp. Reading inside house [ 0 Answers ]

How do I get an accurate temp. reading inside my house? I need to calibrate a wireless digital thermostat.

Thermostat reading rises as room temp drops-AC won't turn off [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I had an Carrier Model 58STA/STX system installed to cool/heat a 400sqft. Room in my shop. My thermostat is a digital CTC Model 43054. Specific problem is the unit never shuts off automatically - the termostat reading starts rising when I turn thermostat switch on to cool. The room cools...

Furnace not kicking on when temp drops below thermostat set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Beckett oil heat water on demand furnace that heats through baseboards. Since this past weekend the furnace hasn't been kicking on when the temperature drops below my set temp of 68 degrees. I have to go down to the furnace and simply touch the top of the reset box for it to kick on. ...

View more questions Search