Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nitrofc2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Drained upstairs tub water coming up in basement bathroom?
    When we drain the upstairs tub, the downstairs toilet gurgles and the tub water is coming out of a drain in the bathroom floor that has a plug in it. A few days ago, the downstairs toilet appeared clogged and then the downstairs shower was going and water started backing up in it. After plunging the toilet, the water went down in both the toilet and shower. Hyatt want to know if I need to plan to call a plumber or is this an easy fix?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 7, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Hi Nitrofc

I believe your MAIN DRAIN line is partially clogged and you will need to call a plumber in or perhaps you can rent a sewer drain machine and buy some leather gloves and safety goggles and snake the main drain line yourself.

If you care to discuss more just let me know, OK?

Mark
    Nitrofc2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Thanks! I appreciate your help! I think I will be calling roto rooter today!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 7, 2011, 07:11 AM
    I would suggest calling a local plumbing company or, at a minimum, another local drain company as roto-rooter can be very expensive compared to most companies... ;)

Ask what each company charges to snake a main drain to the street of approximately the distance your house is from the street... compare and go with the company that is in the middle pricing for best result (most of the time).

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My toilet has no water coming into the tank... upstairs bathroom. [ 1 Answers ]

There was a water main break somewhere in our town. We have low water pressure, but nonetheless we have water. Including the upstairs bathroom; sink and shower, but not in the toilet. A friend said it was because of the low pressure. Please tell me that is the case or otherwise I have a...

Water leak in first floor bathroom ceiling nothing coming from upstairs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a cape house I have a dormer bethroom upstairs with a walk in shower sink and toitel, below it is my first floor bathroom.. this morning before I got into the shower I notice large water spots on my first floor ceiling went upstairs it is dry upstaris shower has not been used in...

Water splashes out of basement floor drain after upstairs tub is drained [ 1 Answers ]

When the bathtub upstairs is drained we get water splashing out of the floor drain in the basement. It seems to be specific to the tub - not sure if it is because of the amount of water draining at once, or some other reason, but we don't have any problems with the toilets, dishwasher or washing...

Water splashes out of basement floor drain after upstairs tub is drained [ 2 Answers ]

When the bathtub upstairs is drained we get water splashing out of the floor drain in the basement. It seems to be specific to the tub - not sure if it is because of the amount of water draining at once, or some other reason, but we don't have any problems with the toilets, dishwasher or washing...

Odor coming from faucets in upstairs bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

In the past month, I notice that I have an odor and foul taste in the water coming from my upstairs bathroom faucets. All other faucets in house have no odor or taste problems.

View more questions Search