Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frannygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
    What can cause a false positive taking a saylvia swab drug test
    My last swab test came up positive for methadone and its been weeks since I took it how could be
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 08:12 AM

An expert will come along with more info than I have but have you seen this? [url]http://www.passthetest.com/false_positives.htm
    sarsface Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2011, 08:51 PM
    In all likeliness, it wasn't a false positive. With a saliva test, methadone can typically be detected up to 10 days after ingestion. Everyone's metabolism is different, and with prolonged heavy use, I'd say it's quite possible that they found trace amounts in your saliva. All I can suggest is to request another test run on the sample they took. In most cases, protocol for suspected false positives is to retest the original sample at the subject's expense.
    sarsface Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2011, 08:53 PM
    How long exactly had it been from the last dose you took and the swabbing?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2011, 05:41 AM
    This is from May 2010 and the person who asked has not been back.

Please keep an eye on the dates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

False-Positive Drug Test [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been in pain mgmt for several years. At his visit on Friday, he was given a UA drug screen and tested positive for cocaine. He had a kidney removed 2 yrs ago due to cancer. He hasn't had any further treatment for that. He is a diabetic and is on glyburide. He also is on...

False Positive in Hair Follicle Test - THC [ 10 Answers ]

Where to start... I applied for a job and got a hair follicle test done. My hair is about 1.5 inches long. A week later I get a call from the employer telling me that results came back positive to marijuana. I do not do and have not done marijuana in over 12 years. Is it possible to get false...

False positive on urine test [ 3 Answers ]

I am a type 2 diabetic I take and I take 1000 mg twice daily of Metformin, Actos 30 Mg daily and 32 units daily of lantus. My problem is I`m looking for a new job and the pre employment urine test keeps coming back positive for alcohol. I do drink alcolic beverages at all. Can anyone explain what's...

False positive on a drug test! [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend is on probation and he failed his last drug test due to a poppy seed muffin... Now they are making him call in every day to see if he has to come in and take another one. His probation officer told him he is going to be on it until August 31, which is a major problem. It's a...

View more questions Search