Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdschwall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Delta Monitor 1400 Series shower handle removal?
    I am attempting to repair a leaky Delta Monitor 1400 single handle shower assembly. I have removed the Allen type set screw, but the handle won't slide off, even with considerable pulling. I have pulled fairly hard, and am afraid to apply too much pressure, as I don't want to damage the plumbing to which everything is attached. Any suggestions for pulling off the handle? It really doesn't want to budge. I have replaced springs, seals, seats, etc. on numerous Delta faucets, but this one has me puzzled. Thanks, Tom
    shackedy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 10:55 AM
    I am trying to remove the delta shower handle 1400 but I have on idea of getting it off.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 11:52 AM
    Hi Shackedy

Check out this video... series 1400 delta monitor valve:

Let us know if this helped, OK?

Mark
    Garreth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi Shackedy

Check out this video...series 1400 delta monitor valve:

Let us know if this helped, OK?

Mark
    It doesn't for stuck handles.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 2, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Purchase a HANDLE PULLER at any local home improvement store if you have a particularly stubborn handle... ;)
    Attached Images

Garreth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 07:11 PM
    Won't work. I have a fancy 90 degree handle, not the round one. The set screw is on the side. Thanks for trying!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta 1400 Series Single handle shower [ 1 Answers ]

I too own a Delta 1400 and am not getting any water through the valve. I replaced the cartridge, still no water. Has anyone had this same problem? How to repair?

Delta monitor 1400 handle screw stack [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to replace a leaky Delta 1400 series monitor valve. The very first stage is removing the handle... however, the screw inside is damaged and won't release/open. How can I remove the handle with the screw in there.. Thanks R

Delta 1400 series too much pressure to shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I have a delta 1400 series shower just recently for some reason the pressure coming out of the shower head seemed to like double what could be the problem? This only is in that one shower Just recently my water pressure in the shower got really high to the point its uncomfortable. This only is...

Delta monitor 1400 bath valve handle removal [ 1 Answers ]

Delta 1400 bath Valve handle will not come off. Set screw has been removed. Soaked in WD40, soaked in white Vinegar solution. Still will not come off. Handle is 2 pieces. Half of the handle unscrews and removes but main base of handle will not pop off Any help would be appreciated

Delta 1400 Series Single handle shower [ 9 Answers ]

I recently replaced the cartridge on my Delta 1400 series monitor single-handle faucet, and everything seem to have gone in to place OK, I did have some trouble removing the handle and the clamp brass ring initially as it had not been moved since installation (2002), but now when I turn on the...

View more questions Search