Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donnalee1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Mobile home shower arm repair
    I need to replace a shower arm for a mobile home bathroom shower, how can I open the wall or find access panel?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 3, 2011, 09:35 AM
    You do not need a access panel to reach a shower arm, (see image) You simply unscrew it. Are you sure you mean "shower arm" or is it another part you're referring to? Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

donnalee1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 09:49 AM
    I unscrewed the shower arm, however the pipe or whatever seems to have fallen in wall, so I need to get to it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 3, 2011, 10:26 AM
    The shower arm connects to a drop eared ell, (see image) which in turn is on the end of a pipe called the shower raiser. That's what you've lost, Take a coat hanger and put a hook on the end. Now go fishing! Don't forget to Teflon Tape the threads on the shower arm before installing. Good luck Tom
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2011, 05:15 PM
    Unfortunately, you may have to open the wall. If the ears have disconnected from the studs, it is going to be hard to get enough pressure to screw in the pipe without it twisting. Sometimes you can pull the fitting up and screw the ears back through the wall. When the home was built, the plumbing was put in and the wall closed. You can cut the wall open, fix the piping and then put the paneling back and/or hang a door mirror over the opening.
    fixitguy63 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 10:50 PM
    My shower arm don't connect to that. Mine is plastic and it don't have any ears on it to mount to studs. Mine is held through the drywall with the trim ring on the front and a nut with a large washerup against the backside of the wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair a leaking mobile home roof [ 3 Answers ]

IT IS ALMOST WINTER HERE IN MICHIGAN AND WE JUST FOUND OUT THE MOBILE HOME WE PURCHASED TO RENT OUT HAS SOME MINOR ROOF LEAKS. I CLEANNED THE ROOF OFF AND Didn't REALLY SEE ANY REAlly bad spots, like blisters or large cracks. Afeter looking at it further it appears it has been leaking for a...

Mobile Home Shower Repair [ 6 Answers ]

We are trying to repair a leaking shower. However, we've found what we are needing to do this is a 4 inch rough in valve. So far this seems impossible to find. Any ideas where we could find this part or if its called something different? Any help would be greatly appreciatied. Thanks! Becky

Replacing shower faucet in a mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

I have a "Freedom" one piece faucet with shower diverter. As I look at it there are three Short pipes that apparently go into the wall. Obviously I can not twirl the whole thing around to screw in three different pipes. Can I get into this to do it from the front or am I going to have to go...

Mobile home shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remove the original fiberglass tub from the second bathroom. I've gotten everything out, except the drain in the floor. I have no idea how to remove this. The stopper will turn both clock & counterclockwise, but does not come apart. Help!

View more questions Search