Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kent9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Toilet water runs through bowl but will not flush?
    For several days I've had a problem with my toilet not flushing.The tank fills and empties and the debries go down but the water won't swirl or flush with the solid wast? I've tried plunging,clearing all holes and adjusting float and other things but can't find reason. It's not pluged,or septic is not full,doesn't seem froozen but 2 days I've used hot water in the bowl and after a few miniets it will flush for about 24 hrs. however if I just dump a 5 gal. bucket in it it won't lower the water in the bowl. Please help very confused.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 07:27 PM
    What climate are you in? When you pour the five gallon bucket down the toilet does it overflow or does it evacuate? I don't think it is a good idea to put hot water in a toilet. Do you use the 'blue stuff' to keep your tank clean?
    Kent9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent9
    For several days i've had a problem with my toilet not flushing.The tank fills and empties and the debries go down but the water wont swirl or flush with the solid wast? I've tried plunging,clearing all holes and adjusting float and other things but can't find reason. it's not pluged,or septic is not full,dosnt seem froozen but 2 days ive used hot water in the bowl and after a few miniets it will flush for about 24 hrs. however if i just dump a 5 gal. bucket in it it wont lower the water in the bowl. please help very confused.
    Im in a very cold climate in southern IN.about 41 right now 11:00 pm. The toilet does evacuate but the water level never goes down.No I don't use anything in the tank but I probabbly should because I do have hard water.So I went through all the little tubes,holes and other parts in the bowl and tank.Could not find anything plugged or out of place. No water in the ballcock but the stem is a little bent.I've also adjusted the angel of the ballcock and this seems to help for a while but only for 24 hrs.Thanks for the help
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Is the water level in the tank within 1/4" of the top of the overflow? The bent thing, is it brass? I may not be clearly understanding your situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Bowl Water Level [ 8 Answers ]

My toilet bowl will not fill up. After you flush the toilet you can see the water level in the bowl go down. The toilet is a brand new Kohler. I didn't have a problem with the old toilet but that was an american standard. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your time.

Low water in toilet bowl [ 1 Answers ]

For the last three weeks my toilet have been stopped up. The water in the bowl itself is very low, will that cause it to stop up:)

Toilet bowl water level [ 4 Answers ]

How can the water level in the toilet bowl be lowered?

Low water in toilet bowl [ 1 Answers ]

The water level in my toilet bowl has become much lower than it has always been. The toilet flushes completely and the tank fills completely however the bowl is about 2-3 inches lower than previously. This am a leak sprung from what appears to be the tank... I have turned off the water source.....

Toilet Bowl Water Level [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to increase the water level in the toilet bowl?

View more questions Search