Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChuckP1967 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 12:17 PM
    How do I create an index sheet in Excel that links to other tabs?
    In excel I have a workbook with multi tabs at the bottom, I want to make a sheet in the same workbook that would have a cell to link each tab to the front page. Kind of like an index page that would have a link to each tab..
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 12, 2011, 12:54 AM
    CREATE A HYPERLINKED LIST OF SHEETS IN A WORKBOOK ON A FRONT SHEET
    This macro creates a "table of contents" on a sheet at the beginning of the workbook. Each sheet listed is also an active Hyperlink so click the name will take you directly to the sheet. Put a link on all your other sheets back to this front sheet and you have an extremely fast navigation system for large workbooks. There's a sample file for you to see this operate.
    Once the hyperlinks are created for you, you could reorganize them on that front sheet in any visual way you wish to make them easy to see all at once.
    evelynm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Creating links to every sheet tab in a index page may be a simple operation if you use an application Kutools for Excel. It is a Excel add-ons collection that can help avoid the repetitive operations in Excel. I don't mind using macro to create links, but when there is a tool available, why not choose and try it? Very easy to use and do help save much time.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 01:11 PM
    I don't mind using macro to create links, but when there is a tool available, why not choose and try it?
    Because it's not free. When you can do it yourself or get someone to help you do it yourself, why not do it yourself?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I Can make an index sheet which has links to all other sheets in the workbook? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to the other sheet to look like an hyperlinks in the first sheet !

Create a link in a pdf file for open an Excel file in an specific sheet and cell [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to create a hyperlink in a pdf file that opens an Excel file but I don't know how this link can opens the Excel file in a specific sheet and cell; any ideas?

Sharing Info between tabs in same excel spreadsheet [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I have an excel spreadsheet with multiple tabs and want to link my everchanging total sales profit number from my "Sales Tab" to a cell in my "Overhead Tab" so I can subtract all overhead therefore giving me a more realistic profit/loss number anytime I look at it. How do I do it? ...

Create Index by wrapping columns (multi page) [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to create a 'book' for karaoke. I have a program that will allow me to read file names into Excel. The file names contain two columns: one for song title, and one for artist. The problem is that it will be close to 70 pages (10pts). If I could convert with wrap or something to...

Excel Sheet Tab Links [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if you can automatically link the name of the individual sheet tab name to a cell in the same sheet? In other words, if the sheet tab name is "Trains 09" I'd like to be able to have this title show up in a cell in the spreadsheet.

View more questions Search