Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadageek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Trane xv90 blower motor doesn't. Motor is free, unit is 7 years, not t-stat. Thanks
    I believe I have troubleshot this down to either the blower motor or their Integrated Controller board. 120VAC to motor OK but too many other wires from board to motor for motor control to test (variable speed) without advice or a manual. Motor is rated for 100% duty cycle and has only been run that way occasionally. There doesn't seem to be a reset on motor - am I missing something. Didn't see a starting Cap - am I missing something? If it is the board is there a work-around until I can replace it? Thanks, Dave
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nadageek View Post
    I believe I have troubleshot this down to either the blower motor or their Integrated Controller board. 120VAC to motor OK but too many other wires from board to motor for motor control to test (variable speed) without advice or a manual. Motor is rated for 100% duty cycle and has only been run that way occasionally. There doesn't seem to be a reset on motor - am I missing something. Didn't see a starting Cap - am I missing something? If it is the board is there a work-around until I can replace it? Thanks, Dave
    If that is a true variable speed motor you need special electric tools to check it out.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf ECMTech-Overview.pdf (134.6 KB, 524 views)
  2. File Type: pdf eginstallman.pdf (355.9 KB, 1700 views)
  3. File Type: pdf ESPvsECM.pdf (49.8 KB, 800 views)
  4. File Type: pdf MeterLeads.pdf (193.4 KB, 659 views)
    fixinall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Most likely the module on the back of the motor, I have read where the thermistor would be bad and is replaceable but on mine there are two burnt transistors
    Very difficult to find parts and the motor is obsolete and out of production

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I own a Trane TWE049E13FB1 heat pump (8 years old). The blower motor just went out an [ 0 Answers ]

I own a Trane TWE049E13FB1 heat pump (8 years old). The blower motor just went out and I am also told that the 'variable speed motor module' is bad also. The prices I have gotten for replacing the blower motor so far range from $187-$419. I was also quoted a price (from TRANE) of $380 for the...

HVAC Trane xv80 blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

Trane XV80 Installed 2002 My blower does not come on; I turned t-stat to fan only; fan motor felt cold to touch and turns freely when spyn: defeateded the safety switch on front; checked voltage at the leads from the circuit board to fan motor for the white and black leads(124 v); Should I...

Cost estimate on blower motor for a trane ac unit [ 1 Answers ]

What would be a ballpark cost for replacement of a trane a/c blower motor? Mine died after coming home from vacation to a completely iced up unit (plugged drain) Thanks

Trane XE80 Blower Motor Kaput [ 2 Answers ]

Had an AC salesman out today about replacing the upstairs unit. He was demonstrating "proper air flow" with the basement unit. He opened the furnace and the blower motor made a squealing noise when it came back on. He flicked the power off and then on again and the noise disappeared. He said it...

Squeaky Trane Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed last night that my Trane furnace was squeaking like a cricket when the air conditioner was running. Then every so often it would make an awful squealing sound like maybe a motor was getting stuck and unable to turn. From reading other posts I'm guessing that I might have a bearing or belt...

View more questions Search