Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmajor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 10:00 AM
    How to write a discovery letter?
    I (I am the plaintiff) have a case pending in Texas Small Claims court. I need to write a letter to the defendants attorney asking for full disclosure and copies of particular documents. Do anyone have a template I can use? How would I word the request if I want any and all documents pertaining to a home purchase, but I don't know the actual title to all of the documents?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Mary
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 10, 2011, 10:57 AM
    I beieve that, in Texas, discovery in small claims cases has to be approved by the court. So put together a list of the things you want, and file a motion with the court that production of those documents be ordered.

I googled "Texas small claims rules", and was unable to find the actual rues. Try googling a few combinations of words and you might have better luck.
    mmajor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 06:48 AM
    Thank you for responding so quickly. I'm googling!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you need to write a demand letter before filling a Motion for Discovery [ 3 Answers ]

I want a Motion for Discovery because my ex is claiming he can't afford to pay the court ordered private schooling tuition. I know that is not true. Therefore, the Motion for Discovery would prove (from paystubs and bank records) he can afford to pay and is in contempt. The state is Alaska. I am...

How do I write a motion for discovery? [ 2 Answers ]

I need a police report and I can't get it unless I hire a lawyer and have him file a motion of discovery. Because I can't afford to hire a lawyer I would like to know how to file a motion of discovery and do it myself...

How to write a Motion of/for Discovery? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello and thanks for taking the time to try and help me. I can't afford an attorney and was denied a public defender by the judge himself at my arraignment. I desperately need to know how to draft a motion of/for Discovery in Elko, NV. Traffic court. If I could get cruiser cam or audio my...

Letter of Discovery [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter of discovery to the benton county prosecutors office to get information on a dui case?

How to write a motion for discovery [ 1 Answers ]

Would like to know how to write a motion for discovery. Husband is appearing pro se in Family Court and he would like to know why his ex-wife is no longer teaching.

View more questions Search