Ask
    tesnes Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2011, 08:44 PM
    Ohhh one more think what do you mean:212*
    If that sensor never sees 212* the fans will never come on

Sep 12, 2011, 07:56 AM
    Good morning,

Kitch, I did what you told me to do. When we open the hood, the coolant in the reserviour went down a little below the line. We started the car again. We let it idle for awhile. Temperature gauge was in normal(midway) After 30-45 minutes, the temperature gauge went up little by little until it was halfway from the midway to hot and the fan did not turn on. I turn off the engine, let it cool down. We disconnected the new harness wire we replace from the temperature sensor to the right cooling fan then we turn the key on and the right cooling fan came on. I don't know what else to do. Here's all the things we have done.
    Replace radiator
    Replace 2 (big) hoses top and bottom
    Replace thermostat
    Replace the harness wire that connects from the temperature sensor to the right cooling fan
    Put in new Coolant anti-freeze coolant both in radiator and coolant reservour

Started the car and let it idle, temperature gauge is midway from COLD and HOT
    No leaks
    The 2 cooling fan starts to work when A/C is on
    The right cooling fan turns on when we disconnect the harness wire connected from the temperature sensor to the right cooling fan.
    Both hoses was hot.

After 30-45 minutes, The temperature gauge went up slowly. I was told that when the radiator reaches a certain degree, one of the fan should turn on... none of the fan came on at all.

I don't see any switch for the fan - green wire that is near the thermostat. What did we do wrong?

Sep 12, 2011, 08:00 AM
    I did mention this before though that we have replace the timing belt and water pumpt last July. What is a
    t-stat? Where is this located? And how can the t-stat be bad?

Sep 12, 2011, 08:45 AM
    Ohhh I know what a t-stat is now.. it's the thermostat... but that is one of the new parts?

Sep 15, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Okay... I am back... I hope someone answers me on this problem. After all the things I have done, we ended up buying and replacing the temperature switch and the cooling fan worked. Started the car and everything is okay, next day, checked it again, saw a leak from the 2 small hoses, I think this is the transmission fluid. We fixed it and tighted it. Started the car again, everything seems to be okay. I drove it yesterday to get a fill of it and check for leaks. Seems to run okay.
    Today, my daughter drove it and she started the heater. She smelled gas so she turned it off. I had her check if the coolant reservour is full... it was full... no leaks. What would cause the smell? Any ideas
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 03:41 PM
    You will have to try that out and see if you have the same results. I don't really know what would cause a gas smell through the heater if you don't notice it any other time.
    arunkumargab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 08:57 PM
    May be you not using proper coolant for your coolant system .sir you ask to some concern people you find the ans easily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace a radiator for my 1999 toyota camry [ 1 Answers ]

There is a hole in the top of my radiator. I was still driving my camry around but had to stop when it started to run hot. I just purchased a new radiator. How difficult is it to replace. Do I need to do something to prep the vehicle and how many people and hours will it take? Thanks.

94 toyota camry tempature gauge shows hot coolant resivor bubbling [ 2 Answers ]

Gauge in the red, coolant resivor bubbling, and have already changed the thermostat

1998 toyota camry radiator fan not working [ 1 Answers ]

I had an accident & had to replace the radiator and the fans. The fans don't work, I replace the relay that are in the fuse box label Fan 1,2,& 3. What else could the problem? Is there another fuse that I am missing? Thanks

Automobile 2000 toyota camry [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 camry and just the other day my a/c-heater fan will not work unless I put it on number four - will not go on until I put it all the way up to four. People tell me it is the sensor, but other tell me it is my fan motor. Can you help me and then tell me were in the engine is it so I...

View more questions Search