Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Oct 6, 2011, 03:32 PM
    How can I stop water from leaking out of my shower every time I use it?
    Hi. First off, let me just say that I live in an apartment building, so renovation/rebuilding is out of the question.

Anyway, every single time anyone in my home uses the shower, I notice that a giant puddle of water ends up all over the floor. I have to keep an extra towel on the ground so it collects the water. I have an all tile wall shower/tub and the water seems to trickle down the tiles, on to the ledge of the bath tub and builds up and then runs down the side of the tub onto the floor. I have tried sticking the shower curtain to the wall to see if this helps at all, and it doesn't. I've heard of little bumpers that will just make the water fall into the tub and down the drain but I have no idea what these things are called and where I can find them. Has anyone ever used it?

Any help on the name of the bumpers, or any other possible solutions would be fantastic. Thanks (:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 6, 2011, 04:16 PM
    The vinyl tub curbs will help must must be caulked to the tub and the wall. A longer shower arm would put the shower head further into the tub and away from the wall. A rain shower head will also greatly decrease the splatter of water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oCESPJeEZE
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2011, 07:00 PM
    Home Depot and Lowe's have them in the tub area. Just as easy to direct the water to the side of the tub opposite the shower curtain and reduce the flow.
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Oct 6, 2011, 07:33 PM
    I've tried changing the shower head to a detachable one that is at least a foot and a half farther away then the old one, and it actually made it worse. /:
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2011, 10:17 AM
    If that much water is running down to the floor, the tub must be tilted that way or we are misunderstanding exactly how the tub/shower is installed. I'd get the deflectors we mentioned.

Oct 7, 2011, 10:36 AM
    I can not picture this unless you are showering with the curtain outside the tub.
    jrg973 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Oct 9, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Shower dams. At HD or the likes. Google HD. Good luck
    lfrieds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
    I just had a tub install, correctly I might add. But the tub manufactures don't have the sense to make a tub that has slightly tilted sides toward the tub... instead it is tilted toward the wall. What? Who engineered these tubs? And the outside edge should be slightly higher than the inside.

Mar 10, 2012, 06:30 PM
    What brand and model did you buy ifried? You probably should have you own thread rather than tagging onto this one which is about a shower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop my shower head from leaking [ 5 Answers ]

I keep buying new hand held showers heads that leak from the shower heads. After we installed a new one yesterday, it started leaking from the shower head again. So a week ago my husband took off the entire hose and shower head and we saw that from the pipe that comes out from the wall, it drips...

How to stop a leaking shower drain on a slab floor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a stall shower on a slab floor. Is there a way to repair a leaking drain with out tearing the shower stall out?

Stop water leaking through your ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

I've noticed a water stain in my living room ceiling directly under where my shower is. I did some measuring and I believe its coming from behind my shower wall, but since I'm not a plumber, just speculating at this point. Any help?

Failure to stop a leaking shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My shower faucet has been leaking lately. I removed the tub spout thinking that it might need replacing. Water was leaking from the copper pipe so I thought that maybe the problem could be with the single handle that regulates the water flow. I don't really know what type of single...

View more questions Search