Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HARLEY713 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 06:15 PM
    Minicule black bugs on my dog
    I have noticed something crawling on my dog, they look like the smallest ants in the world, they don't jump they run, he has Frontline on him but these things are still on him! HELP
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 2, 2011, 07:00 PM
    And you are sure they are not fleas or ticks? Where I live (Northeast) fleas and ticks have started their fall jump onto my pets, just in the last day or two (I tend to stretch out the Frontline applications according to time of year). It happens when it gets cold and the bugs are looking for warmth! You do know that ticks are extremely tiny and black before they attach to the skin?
    There are other tiny black bugs; I have seen them on my dog, but they were firmly attached to her snout. I never did find out what they were. Of course some are regional. Tell us where you are, or call your vet's office for ideas.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 3, 2011, 05:06 AM
    Now I find that FLEAS are NOT DYING after applying Frontline like they usually do. What is going on, I wonder. Mutant fleas? Counterfeit Frontline even from established sellers? I've been applying extra drops each day. Usually you can see them come to the surface, whirl around, and drop dead.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Oct 3, 2011, 07:29 PM
    The topical flea preps like Revolution and Frontline have been shown to create a resistance in the parasites. It is recommended that the product used be varied with another of the same action every month or so, just to avoid this resistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Little black bugs [ 0 Answers ]

Over the last few days I have been getting little bites all over my stomach, back and arms I have realised they are tiny tiny little black bugs and are on a few items of my clothing they are not fleas and not bed bugs, I think I may of seen them before outside on plants does anyone know what these...

Black house bugs [ 1 Answers ]

I have these solid black bugs on my walls in my house. They look like ticks or big black ants. They don't fly and they are just one or two here or there.

Little black biting bugs [ 1 Answers ]

We have little black dots all over our house and they are like biting us and itching they are not fleas and in our dogs water dish we find a clear like mucuse no matter how often we change the water,had the dog checked out and she has no fleas or any thing like that but it looks like her skin is...

Tiny black bugs [ 2 Answers ]

I have hundreds of tiny black bugs in my bathtub and sink. The are only about 1/8 inch long with about 6 or 8 legs. The body is oval with a point at one end and two little curving antennae (?) coming out from the point. I live in the high desert area of Southern California and I've just started...

Little Black Bugs in my kitchen [ 6 Answers ]

We recently have had little black bugs almost look like little droppings but the bugs actually move by our kitchen sink window . I'm freaked out because we clean them up to find more the next day we used a clorox bleach cleaner solution and well that did not work, Help me please

View more questions Search