Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sthansen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 04:49 AM
    My girlfriend of one year wants a break
    Me and my girlfriend have taken a break after a year this is her decision she said that with the pressure of a levels and applying for university that a relationship is not right for her, in the early months of our relationship she did her first year a level exams she didn't do that great and had to re take a few tests it is now the start of the second year and I think she is scared of the same thing happening again and so has decided that we should go on a break she also said that she is very confused, I want to contact her and try talk things through with her to help and possible eventually get back together how long should I wait to contact her? This is the third day of our break so far
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2011, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthansen View Post
    Me and my girlfriend have taken a break after a year this is her decision she said that with the pressure of a levels and applying for university that a relationship is not right for her, in the early months of our relationship she did her first year a level exams she didn't do that great and had to re take a few tests it is now the start of the second year and I think she is scared of the same thing happening again and so has decided that we should go on a break she also said that she is very confused, I want to contact her and try talk things through with her to help and possible eventually get back together how long should I wait to contact her? This is the third day of our break so far
    She has so many school pressures. I honestly think your being selfish wanting to contact her to work through things. Thinking she has does the right thing to call a break. She needs to focus on school and that is it. Leave her alone now. If you do not your putting unnecessary pressure on her that she said she does not need. Do not contact her at all. It might be hard but necessary.
    Sthansen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Thanks I'll take that into consideration definitely
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 27, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Aw come on guy, let her hit the books and do her best. You can't wait until after her exams? Just me, I would have plenty to do, and people to see.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2011, 12:25 AM
    This isn't about tests.

Wait a sec, yeah it is. Sorry.

If you really like her, let her do her thing.

You do yours. That's the test.

"a relationship is not right for her"

That's all you needed to hear. Whatever the reason.

How are your studies?

There's other girls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants to break up with me because I am leaving for college next year [ 7 Answers ]

I am a senior in High school and my Girlfriend is 16. We have been dating for about 4 monthes now and fallen in love with each other. But the fact that I will be leaving for college next year (3 hours away or more depending what school I go to) gives us both second thoughts about our relationship....

My girlfriend for a year and 8 months ask for a break but she loves me ? [ 2 Answers ]

I meet this girl on myspace and we talk and then I ask her out she deny me 11 times but I kept on asking and on christmas day she said yes. We meet up at the mall but when we 1st meet their was no love it was like we are just boyfriend and girlfriend. She was a virgin and I was a popular athlete...

Girlfriend wants to go on a break after 1 year and 2 months. [ 22 Answers ]

This is kind of long, so I'm 18, she's 16... I just finished my freshman year in college, she finished her junior year of high school. So basically we have been together for 1 year and 2 months. So me and her work at the same place, but I work in the back (pretty much my own office). Anyway...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

Me and my girlfriend of 1 year are on a break is it going to work out? [ 5 Answers ]

Well it starts like this me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship pretty much the longest one I have ever been in also the longest one she has ever been in she was my first for almost everything we also for the whole year hardly ever fought but after we hit the one year mark it seemed like...

View more questions Search