Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2011, 02:52 PM
    Ah, wonderful! I'm sure you'll be a good one. I've already mentioned your ability to empathize. I used to go to homes to counsel and worked with kids who had problems at home as well as in school. I got to know a lot of parents and teachers! I found out it was often the parents who had the problems (not the kids so much).
    TomMyles Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2011, 02:57 PM
    Empathizing came up in class today... Andyeah that does seem to be the case sometimes, or it could be the parents have problems with the kids...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2011, 03:13 PM
    But often the kids are a problem because the parents wants to be buddies or give the kids "stuff" instead of love or don't have consistent rules and definite boundaries. The kids get the brunt of bad parenting. Of course, there are such things as autism and ADD, etc. but then that really tests the mettle of parents to show who has a good handle on how to parent well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2011, 03:16 PM
    What did you learn about empathy?
    TomMyles Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2011, 02:23 PM
    True... I have ADHD, it sucks... And not a lot, just to put yourself in someone else's position and then respond.
    Ployter Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
    The idea of cutting is to take your attention away from emotional pain, to physical, trust me I've done it enough, when my life seems terrible and I have a lot of emotional pain I cut, but if you do it where people can see easily, it's attention seeking, but that can also be part of it, if you cut on your arm, where people could see sometime, it gives you something els to be concerned about, makes you think about hiding it, and so not on your emotional pain... That's how I figure it, speaking from experience.

But trust me, it is NOT! Anything you want to be doing, I've so making scars. They're unatractive and can hold some pretty terrible memory's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name two ways to cut down on waiting time to the children? [ 5 Answers ]

Name two ways to cut down on waiting time to the children?

HONDA ACCORD 1992 will cut on and cut off after making loud whistling sounds [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my car on it makes this loud noise and it cuts right back off but it gets very hot fast

My husband got 75yrs howdoes the appeal work for a time cut [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently got sentenced to 75yrs for poss. Of certain chem w/int to mfg. He has never had the opportunity for rehabilitation and was portrayed as a mfg of drugs. He is not, he is an addict. There were 5 of us in that apt. that day yet the DA choose to put it all on my husband because...

Cut off/on time on a pressure tank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a newly installed centrifugal water pump at home with a 72 gal tank. The problem is that t pump/motor always run after using just few amount of water. I investigated its cycle and found out that it went off when pressure reached 30 psi and goes on when it is at 20psi. Have seen its diagram...

Is it time to cut my losses and move forward? [ 3 Answers ]

I wrote a while back about someone who use to be one of my best friends. One day she just stopped talking to me, accepting my calls, or responding to any emails I sent her. I apologized and told her whatever I did I was sorry although I honestly to this day have no idea what it was that I did....

View more questions Search