Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Social Security Widow Benefits
    Social Security already answered the first part.

What age does a widow get 100 per cent of her husbands social security benefit?
    Social Security benefits at age 62 widow will receive 100 percent of husbands benefits.

Question is: I forgot to ask Social Security, Insteed of 62 what if the age was 60, what percent would it be
    Then?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2011, 04:35 PM
    She can only collect when she is 62 and it would not be 100% unless she waits until she is 65 or husband died after age 65. It would be the same if she tried to retire at age 60 she could not collect benefits for herself.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2011, 03:02 AM
    From Social Security: Because you have not remarried, you would be eligible to receive Social Security survivor's benefits as early as age 60 and could later collect your retirement benefits at your full retirement age -- which is 67, not 70. Waiting until age 70 to start collecting your retirement benefits would, however, result in higher retirement benefits than what you would receive at age 67.

Read more: Wife eligible for Social Security survivor's benefit at age 60 http://www.bankrate.com/finance/retirement/wife-eligible-for-survivor-s-benefit.aspx#ixzz1XXfx99cY
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Her late husband would have to have been over 65 years old at the time of his passing for this to be enacted.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2011, 12:07 PM
    He is 72 years old

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Social security benefits [ 8 Answers ]

Can a credit card company put a freeze on my checking account in which my social security disability check is deposited in?

Social security benefits [ 1 Answers ]

For people who earned a great deal of income during the '70's & 80's where they required to pay in larger amounts to social security comparied to a person who earned an average income?

Can a widow collect social security benefits after 20 years of husband death [ 0 Answers ]

She riside in another country right now,, around 20 years ago her husband died in Texas while he was working he was legal resident of United States of America now she is 68 and she never file anything to collect social security benefits at that time she had 2 or 3 underage sons does she has to...

Social security benefits [ 6 Answers ]

My husband received a :p fully favoriable decision on SSDI not ssi. He has worked since he was 17 years old. Anyway he is disabled and ssa award his disability to him July 27, 2006 and it is know October 19, 2006 and he has not received nothing from them. He is suppose to receive 4 years of...

Social security benefits [ 2 Answers ]

I turn 63 next April, but expect to continue working until I am 65 in April of 2010 (I expect because of the laws I will have to actually work until the end of 2010. I am toying with the idea of filing for my social security benefits when I turn 63, and then just putting the money away. I have a...

View more questions Search