Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shockya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 10:15 AM
    3 phase load calculation
    How do I calculate the load if kw and voltage is given in a 3 phase application?
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Apr 28, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Dear sir,

you are stating that you know the kw. Then what else you want. If you want to know the current in amps use usual formula to find out one of the unknown parameter: Kw = sq.rt of 3 * voltage * current * power factor divided by 1000.

If you require current in ampere = kw * 1000 / sq.rt.3 *voltage * pf.

Hope, this clarifies your question. If any thing else required pl. Revert.
    shockya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sathe1963 View Post
    Dear sir,

you are stating that you know the kw. Then what else you want. If you want to know the current in amps use usual formula to find out one of the unknown parameter: Kw = sq.rt of 3 * voltage * current * power factor divided by 1000.

If you require current in ampere = kw * 1000 / sq.rt.3 *voltage * pf.

Hope, this clarifies your question. If any thing else required pl. Revert.
    Thank you for your time. I calculated using the same formula but did not include the power factor.
    mosesvlr Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2011, 05:04 AM
    How to calculate the ups requirement for 50 desktop computers with CRT 15" monitor each and 20 Dot matric printers with 5 mid size laser printer
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Aug 29, 2011, 07:35 AM
    This is regarding requirement of UPS capacity required for desktop, monitor & printer... Please enquire with the manufacturer / supplier about wattage or VA capacity of each appliance. Add together. If u are using 3 phase UPS distribute the load on 3 phases equally. Add 20% as a safe margin. This will be equal to your required capacity of UPS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Load Calculation [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 100 amp switchbox.The left side has 6 slots ( 1 double switch 20amp, 1 double bar 30amp and 2 single 20amp. The right side has 3 double switch midgets at 20amps and 2 single 20amps. My question is how much can my box take and how do I calculate the usage?

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

There is a indoor pool and normally water is heated to temp 40 deg c. Total water quantity is 15000 ltrs. Out door temp is 44 deg c. The indoor a/c results in high amount of condensataion in supply grilles. FCUs are used to cool the area with 10% of fresh air. There is no possibility of untreated...

Load calculation [ 2 Answers ]

Respected sir I amprakash ihave doubt regarding load calculation. I have a 5 amp socket (ups power ) .can I connect 5 computors to that socket through extension box.please explain me any body knows

How am I going to size my 3 phase X'mer with 1 phase load using current as reference [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Peping: I have 90 pieces of single phase loads with current of 2 Amperes. This will be loaded to a 3 phase transformer, Wye connected having a line to line voltage of 220 Volts. What will be the size of the transformer required for the mentioned loads? Many thanks, Peping

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Please advise me what are the factors considered for calculating the Tonnage Rate whilst selecting the AC units for Industry / office environment. Regards Pankaj

View more questions Search