Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marisa_anne Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
    What does the mother of the bride wear to a morning October beach wedding?
    The wedding is at 9am on a Monday in Cocoa Beach, FL in the middle of October on the beach. No details have been given other then casual.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Anything that keeps you warm and dry... no just kidding. I would suggest a pants suit in appropriate colours, no high heels, sandals, or you will sink in the sand.

Is this a formal wedding reception afterward? I think you may want to change according to the weather.

Tick
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2011, 06:40 PM
    I would wear a casual dress appropriate for the weather, and I'd probably spray tan so I could avoid stockings and wear flat sandals. October in Florida should be pretty warm. And I'd have a jacket or cardigan to put on in case there's air conditioning for the reception or if it's a cool day. A skirt outfit would be fine, too.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 07:01 PM
    A nice summer dress would probably be okay if it's casual. Something pretty, but not too fancy, light fabric, comfortable.

Here are a few that I think are really pretty, not too over the top.

Name:  sd1.jpg
Views: 3040
Size:  3.8 KB

Name:  sd2.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  4.9 KB

You could wear a nice shawl over them to complete the look and to keep you warm if it gets chilly.

Of course it all depends on what you're comfortable with. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would it be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all I am getting married this August and we are just going to the justice of peace. I was wondering if it would be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?

Does the flower girl have to wear same color as bride in a traditional wedding? [ 8 Answers ]

In a traditional wedding, does the flower girl have to wear the same color as the bride?

Bahamas wedding formal Mother of Bride Groom [ 1 Answers ]

I will be attending a wedding in August. Formal attire required. What is appropriate attire for the mother of the groom?

Wedding in October [ 11 Answers ]

Should the bridesmaids colors , etc.. Match the décor ( table cloth, napkins etc... ) of your reception ?The table linens are going to be a bluish color and the naplins are a coral color . Also, I have about $2500.00 left in my budget to get bouquets,corsages etc, dj,wedding dress,little things...

What to wear to Caribean wedding for the mother-of-the-bride? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Please help!! My daughter is getting married in the Caribbean next month. What would be appropriate attire? The wedding will be in a gazebo near the beach. 80's degree F temperate. What do ladies wear in the Caribbean islands? I'm a 50's something, average height and size. I've been told...

View more questions Search