Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seansgigi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2011, 08:43 AM
    2002 Camry won't start - any ideas?
    My car would not start last night & a man cleaned my cables on the battery, but had no tools & didn't speak english, but after he cleaned the cables the car started but it would not keep running.

He could not tighten the cables back on so I don't know if that was the problem, I left the car last night and my son was going to help me today tighten the cables back, but when I went to start the car today it started right up, but it stopped on me after driving for about 10 minutes.

Now it won't start, but my lights come on & the windows work, so I don't know what is wrong. Can someone tell me what to do next?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2011, 09:28 AM
    Remove and fully charge, or replace, the battery. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. Clean the battery terminals and cable connections. Ensure all connections are tight. Remove the negative battery cable first and reattach it last.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 04:28 AM
    Once you've done what TxGreaseMonkey recommended, test the vehicle's electrical system to ensure the alternator is working properly and that you don't have something in the car that's drawing the battery down when the key is off.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Once the battery has been disconnected the idle will drop and stall. This is because it must "relearn" in the cars computer system. It may take a days driving to relearn the idle specs.
    It may not be getting enough air at this point to start and flooding the spark plugs.
    Make sure all the suggestions above are met, hold it to the floor , and see if it will eventually start.
    You may have to sit there with your foot on the pedal to keep it at 1000 RPM for a while until it will idle on it's own.
    laverne2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Car won't start or even turnover when you turn the key

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What engines can be placed into a 2002 Toyota Camry LE (ACV30) [ 12 Answers ]

What engines will fit or go with a 2002 Toyota Camry LE. My engine just died a couple days ago and me and my Father are looking for a replacement engine. He says he found one from a '97 Camry but I told him it probably wouldn't work since they are more than likely to be two completely different...

Toyota Camry 2002 belches smoke on cold start [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed this problem within the first year of purchase (bought new), and the dealership told me my engine would break in. I trusted the answer and did not pay attention. Unbeknownst to me, it has gotten worse. (I get in the car and drive, I don't get out to see if there is white smoke pouring...

2002 Camry won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My 2002 toyota camry six cylinder won't start when I turn the key I get nothing does not even crank no clicking checked battery, put in new starter relay, checked all fuses even checked to see if the neutral safety switch was bad, all good car runs fine when started every thing works when I turn...

Engine Light on a 2002 Camry after fueling [ 6 Answers ]

Over the last six months, on three separate occasions my engine light on a 2002 Camry has come on shortly after fueling. The car manual suggests that sometimes the engine light will come on after fueling and that the light is not a result of any engine problem. It suggests taking off and...

View more questions Search